cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which plan will allow me to control file sharing and do sharing limits apply?

Which plan will allow me to control file sharing and do sharing limits apply?

MG1612
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry for the dumb question but I don't understand the dropbox jargon.  I am loading my e-books (which have taken me forever to complete) to dropbox so that my customers can then download them, but I don't want people to share (it's not fair with all the work I have put in).  One of the plans says "advanced sharing controls and locking" - is this what I am looking for?  Also, I am a single (older) writer but have a large audience.  Is there a limit to how many people can download the files?  I have a negotiated a JV with a very large group and I don't want limits on how many people can download.

Thanks in advance for all your help. 

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MG1612, welcome aboard the Dropbox Community!

Regarding our plans, we do offer a few of them, but if you're looking for that much space, I'd have to suggest our Dropbox Business Advanced plan.

This is a plan for teams, not an individual plan, but it's the one that offers as much space as you need.

You can of course compare our plans here.

The Advanced plan also offers the sharing controls you mentioned, which include adding a password, an expiration date and disabling downloads for your shared links.

You can read more about that here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?