cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will adding a user to my account break existing links again?

Will adding a user to my account break existing links again?

gbadillo
New member | Level 2

Recently I have started working with a new business that is interested in changing their subscription from Professional to Standard to support their growing team. However, they are worried that changing this subscription could impact their Dropbox links that they have used on blog articles, podcasts, past clients, etc.

For context the business had an incident where switching from the Free subscription to the Professional subscription resulted in most of their Dropbox links breaking which led to a huge waste of time to update and fix all the broken links.

Is there a way to avoid this issue or is it just built into Dropbox to break old links when subscriptions are changed?

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @gbadillo, how are you today?

Keep in mind that your your subscription doesn’t affect the shared link and you should still be able to use them after upgrading or downgrading. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?