cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cant Upgrade

Your plan and billing information are managed externally

fstoolcorp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am trying to subscribe to a plan, and I get this message instead of being able to sign up:

Your plan and billing information are managed externally

90 Replies 90

baileyhoward2400
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Cleared the cache...still get the message

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 7.39.33 AM.png

Tried incagnio... message still the same

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 7.42.41 AM.png

and tried in Google Chrome...same

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 7.45.09 AM.png

LB-Basics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

baileyhoward2400
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

So did they have to fix something on their end for you to finally be able to upgrade?

MichaelAllenby
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was able to fix this by Upgrading through the Dropbox iPhone App.  I believe that the iTunes/Apple Store is what managed my account externally.  

Shivam2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am frustrated by facing this error while re-subscribing/upgrading my plan to dropbox plus. I tried all the options mentioned on community forum like trying to re-subscribe from different browser/incognito mode/by changing email address. Also, I couldn't find payment method in billing section to change it as per one of community answer. I did chat with support twice. Both of them couldn't help. I need to work on dropbox files urgently. Can someone from support look into this matter and help me to resolve this.  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Shivam2, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Since you already contacted our support team, could you share your ticket ID so that we can look them up in our system? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ZMR
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am trying to upgrade to a paid plan but the message I’m getting is that my Account and Billing is managed externally. What does that mean? I still need - and want - to upgrade

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone.

Even though this issue should be resolved, please try upgrading again through a different browser or a private browsing window.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RBV
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have cancelled my monthly subscription through Google Play (which I have had for years) in order to sign up for a yearly subscription through Dropbox.com. Dropbox now asks me to upgrade (since my Google Play subscription has ended) and when I try to do that, I only get an error message ("Your plan and billing information are managed externally."). There is nothing else I can do. I removed the Google Play subscription completely and tried logging in via a different browser/incognito mode (as one solution on here suggests). So far, nothing has worked. What is particularly frustrating is that I cannot contact Dropbox support because I am on a basic plan now. I have been a paying customer for years and I intend to remain one, but I cannot seem to get any help with this from Dropbox directly.

Jerram
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hannah I need help with my Dropbox existing paid account urgently.

I contacted you three weeks ago about being unable renew my Dropbox subscription after trying to move the payment from Apple to Dropbox directly.

You said there was nothing you could do at this time and that I should allow the Apple subscription to expire and then renew my sub via Dropbox. I express concern in that chat that allowing my sub to expire was risky and you said it would be fine. 

Now my account is cut off and my work files are no longer syncing.

I cannot renew with Dropbox (error: Your plan and billing information are managed externally) an I cannot renew with Apple (error: There was an error. Please try later). I have tried with multiple working cards. I have tried a private browser window.

I can no longer access live chat for help as I don't have a subscription. My work files are no longer syncing and I am totally stuck without access to my work files. I need assistance to get my account operating again asap please.

Need more support?