cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fake forced upgrade

fake forced upgrade

rwovenpear
New member | Level 2

Recently my card expired on my dropbox account. I logged in and updated the information, then I was taken to a page with the various plans. The current plan I had was unselectable while the upgraded plans all were available. Without clicking on one of the upgraded plans, the forward arrow would not highlight. In other words, the only way forward after updating payment appeared to be to select one of the upgraded plans. I realized I could click out of it all together by clicking back on the browser and confirmed my original plan was in place, but this kind of gimmicky, scammy tactic is never a good look. It hurts my trust in the organization. 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@rwovenpear wrote:

I logged in and updated the information, then I was taken to a page with the various plans. The current plan I had was unselectable while the upgraded plans all were available.

It sounds like you clicked the button to change plans.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?