cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Product Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The new Dropbox website

The new Dropbox website

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Website design update

Available to a sub-set of users and to some business teams as an early access feature

We’re launching a new design on Dropbox.com. Below are some of the changes happening to it:
  • “Events” has been moved to a new location but you can still access this by going to https://www.dropbox.com/events 
  • “Links” has been moved to a new location. It can now be found under the Sharing” tab.
  • The Events page no longer has an RSS feed.
  • Right click has been disabled. Instead you will be able to select checkboxes next to the files.
  • If you have a Business and Personal account, switching between them is much easier now
  • Action options (like upload, make a new folder, delete, rename, etc) are now in a persistent column on the right
  • The account name is now displayed after clicking on the account profile picture.
  • The general aesthetic of the website has been updated:

To learn more about our new Dropbox.com page, visit: https://www.dropbox.com/help/9295

• Please note: If you do not see the new website design you will not be able to opt-in during the early access period. At this time, the redesign is available only to certain Dropbox users as part of an early release.

If you have questions or feedback abou the new dropbox.com, please comment below.

15 Replies 15

Teachbest
New member | Level 2
I now seem to have trouble downloading some .pdf files to Dropbox on my iPhone. I get an error message: couldn’t save content. Check your internet connection and refresh the page.
My connection is fine but it still doesn’t work. This current time I had the problem was a pdf sent by email link. The pdf opens fine but won’t down load. I tried opening the pdf from the desktop site then downloading but it still didn’t work. I’ve had this issue at least a dozen times.

MadameSmarty
New member | Level 2

Hi what has happened to the "Upload Files" button? I figured out that I can click & drag but there was no memo about this?

Bonnie K.4
Collaborator | Level 9

The online search on the Dropbox website is COMPLETELY gone and broken!

WTF did you guys do to the website over the holiday? It is useless now!

Marie H.13
New member | Level 2

Hi!  First, thanks for the notice.  Second, I agree with a lot of the comments.

It almost seems as if Dropbox is wanting to change audiences so that their business serves the corporate world, rather than the individual or small groups that are trying to make the world work.  In the meantime, rather than having a stable platform that enables me to accomplish the work I need to in collaboration with others from small groups, I'm being pressured to pay for some unknown, unexplained "business" services.  Also in the meantime, there are more and more barriers to just plain accessing the files I've stored on the site.  "Paper", "Favorites", blah, blah, blah.  I don't have favorites - I work with lots of different files, as I'm trying to get lots of small projects done.  BTW, I work with people who don't have a lot of extra cash laying around so that they can pay for whatever this "business" setup is.

If you are going to go for the big bucks, then give us notice so us little guys can pull our stuff off and then take the leap.  In the meantime, don't play games with us and make it harder and harder for us to use.  I can't even find an explanation of what changes have been made to enable me to find the things I've stored on the site and to work effectively with the webpage.

Thank you for considering our points of view.

indey
New member | Level 2

Dropbox client for windows does not update on it's own. need to run the installer to update the client.

Joseph C.23
Collaborator | Level 9
I find the site has been useless since they overhauled it last year.
Need more support?