cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Product Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What are the new Dropbox Business plans?

What are the new Dropbox Business plans?

Ed
Dropbox Staff

We're replacing our existing Dropbox Business and Dropbox Enterprise plans with three new plans:

• Standard—for teams needing powerful storage, sharing, and collaboration tools
  • Advanced—for teams and businesses seeking more sophisticated admin, audit, and integration features
  • Enterprise—for larger businesses requiring scalable custom solutions with individualized support

Learn more about the features and pricing of each Dropbox Business plan.

If you have questions or comments about the new plans, please add on the comments below.

37 Replies 37

JPach
Helpful | Level 6

@MrCoBalt

My understanding is that once opted-in the unlimited retention will continue to be a feature of your Business plan for as long as you maintain that plan.

I wish it will be like this!! in that case it will demonstrate some respect to loyal clients...
Then I asked this to Dropbox Support Team and they told me that we only will have the unlimited version history until we renovate our plan in 2018, but if you d'ont check before April 30, 2017 to keep unlimited version history and deletion recovery, you will have 120 days since then. Theeeennn... you will always loose!! in 2018 you can choose to pay the same for loose a lot of functions or pay 50% more to loose only the unlimited version history.

We hope Dropbox think about this and take a more satisfying way before a lot of users change their cloud service.

Shaun S.10
Helpful | Level 7
The new pricing goes from $750 to $1200 for the same business plan, if you need more than 2TB. I have not had Dropbox's trash can show me deleted files since I upgraded. I was also told that engineers are working on the issue and that it would be fixed. Two weeks after the 30 day trial, issue not fixed, new data pricing and I had it. Unfortunately Dropbox doesn't care if their services are not fixed. They will continue to bill unless I cancel. I am not happy. Leason learned.

DD1
Dropbox Staff

@JPach wrote:

@MrCoBalt

I wish it will be like this!! in that case it will demonstrate some respect to loyal clients...
Then I asked this to Dropbox Support Team and they told me that we only will have the unlimited version history until we renovate our plan in 2018, but if you d'ont check before April 30, 2017 to keep unlimited version history and deletion recovery, you will have 120 days since then. Theeeennn... you will always loose!! in 2018 you can choose to pay the same for loose a lot of functions or pay 50% more to loose only the unlimited version history.

We hope Dropbox think about this and take a more satisfying way before a lot of users change their cloud service.

Wanted to clear up some of this confusion:

• The change in 2018 only refers to the plan you are on
  • That has very little to do with your version history
  • As long as you opt out of the change by clicking on "keep unlimited", you will keep unlimited even beyond 2018
  • You have 90 days, until 1 May, to choose whether you'd like to keep unlimited or accept the change

DreamHarvest
New member | Level 2
The big issue from companies currently using your business plan is the massive price increase which is totally unacceptable. We as a startup company already struggled with the current pricing and with the 60% increase coming next year we'll be moving elsewhere which I believe will be the case for many of your once loyal customers.

esmith
Helpful | Level 5

I am in exactly the situation everyone else is complaining about.

I have been using dropbox longer than I can remember. My new business currently pays $750 a year, but in three days is going to increase to $1200 for the same service that I now have. I must have missed an email detailing the price increase.

I have been loyal to Dropbox, have defended them online numerous times, have recommended them both online and to individuals countless times,  and I have no doubt dropbox procured many new customers for dropbox based on my recommendations.  I now not only feel betrayed by Dropbox, but I am embarrassed that I recommended a company that is recklessly imposing price increases. I don't see any improvements to Dropbox that would warrant this type of an increase.

Someone said that prices are coming down, and I agree with that.  However, when I read these things online I generally only glance at them because I am pleased with Dropbox and never had any intention of leaving.  But a 60% increase in cost is unheard of and probably will lose for you a large number of customers.

There is no way that I will accept a 60% price increase. I will pay what I have to in the short term because I suspect that I will not be able to find a service to replace dropbox that has all of the required features in just three days, but I assure you dropbox will not be the company that I use in the future with this price increase.  As I have already displayed with Dropbox, I am very loyal to companies who are loyal to me; once I leave Dropbox the likelihood of my returning is almost nil.

DD1
Dropbox Staff

Hey esmith!

Any of these changes won't come into effect until 2018, so you wouldn't get charged $1200 in three days, unless specifically opened the Billing tab in your Admin Console and upgraded. 

Moreover, you'll be able to stay on the same price point $750 if all you need is the Standard plan. The price change is for the enhanced Advanced plan only.

Hope that clarifies things!

esmith
Helpful | Level 5
Ok, thanks. I will have to speak to someone next year I guess. There are things I need like HIPPA. I thought the increase was on the next renewal for 2018. At least I don't have to rush to find a replacement.

lucababi
New member | Level 2

yes it is exactly how you describe it, a bit of badly strategized price gouging here.

What I don't undestand is: do you pay for 5 users regardless of the amount of users/email you setup?

Need more support?