cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Product Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the new Dropbox Business plans?

What are the new Dropbox Business plans?

Ed
Dropbox Staff

We're replacing our existing Dropbox Business and Dropbox Enterprise plans with three new plans:

• Standard—for teams needing powerful storage, sharing, and collaboration tools
  • Advanced—for teams and businesses seeking more sophisticated admin, audit, and integration features
  • Enterprise—for larger businesses requiring scalable custom solutions with individualized support

Learn more about the features and pricing of each Dropbox Business plan.

If you have questions or comments about the new plans, please add on the comments below.

37 Replies 37

bdragule
New member | Level 2

I received an email about this just now, and I'm confused. It says:

Thanks for being a loyal Dropbox Business customer. We want to let you know about some upcoming changes to your plan.

farther down...

• Advanced adds sophisticated admin, audit, and security tools, with as much space as you need. This plan’s feature set is most similar to that of your existing plan

(emphasis mine)

The problem with all this is that I'm a Dropbox Pro subscriber. It says so in my profile. So was this email sent to me in error, or have I been unknowingly paying for a higher tier all this time?

wickedworksgrup
New member | Level 2

i can see most of these ideas and fins soultions but i have a question that asks, how many users can i have in the advanced buisness plan, at the moment i have 5 plus 5 TB of stoage....what will it be now ? its not clear

Tony

SBPR
New member | Level 2

New plans and pricing structure, and I can see that our SMB will be squeezed out of what we need if we don't want the huge price increase.
Our current plan Teams Plan is AU$850 per year and the new Dropbox Business Standard is AU$1,050 per year. We currently need the auditing and advanced admin console and would be looking at the Dropbox Business Advanced at AU$1,650 per year which is almost double the cost of what it is now.

I can't see our company using Dropbox in the future because on the price increase.

EDIT: We're looking at switching to https://www.syncplicity.com/solutions/

JPach
Helpful | Level 6

Como usuario de Dropbox por años, me siento muy disgustado ya que los nuevos planes incrementan demasiado los precios, un 50% para tener unas características parecidas a los planes acutales o se pierden muchas características con el plan Standard manteniendo el precio. En ambos casos los clientes salimios muy perjudicados. Tal como dice Dropbox:

¿Por qué ha introducido Dropbox estos cambios?

Hemos atendido a las peticiones de nuestros clientes que pedían más flexibilidad para adquirir Dropbox Business. Ahora podrás seleccionar las herramientas de administración, los niveles de almacenamiento y los servicios de asistencia adecuados para tu equipo.

¿Por qué aumenta el precio de algunos planes?

El cambio de precio de algunos planes refleja el valor que añadimos a Dropbox Business a través de nuevas funciones y productos. El cambio de precio nos permite seguir invirtiendo en Dropbox, crear soluciones nuevas e innovadoras y ofrecer más valor a las empresas.

La flexibilidad para adquirir Dropbox Buisiness no consistia en esto, sinó en ofrecer planes inferiores como el nuevo Standard, a un precio inferior y más competitivo!! O por permitir elegir el número de usuarios sin forzar a un mínimo de 5!! O por ofrecer la posibilidad de contratar funciones independientes (quién necesita una función que la pague)... Pero no en lo que habéis hecho, que no aporta ninguna ventaja ni flexibilidad.

Y si el aumento de precio se debe al valor añadido que incorporan algunas funciones, sería lógico mantener el precio por conservar las mismas funciones (incluso menos por lo visto), bajar el precio en cuentas más básicas que prescindan de funciones y aumentar el precio en cuentas superiores que reciban más funciones.

Por otro lado, no entiendo que eliminen el Historial de Versiones Ilimitado!! esta era una de las mejores características de Dropbox y las que lo hacían destacar por encima de su comentencia, y en cambio parece que a las cuentas PRO les ofrecen la posibilidad de contratarlo como extra para ampliar a 1 año el Historial, cuando sería más importante ofrecer esta función a las cuentas Business...

Con estos cambios creo que no solo no váis a ganar muchos nuevos clientes que verán como los nuevos planes ofrecen menos por el mismo precio o lo mismo por mucho más precio, sinó que muchos de los fieles clientes vamos a considerar cambiar de proveedor.

Atentamente,
Un cliente disgustado.

DD1
Dropbox Staff
Hi Tony! We're not changing the number of licenses required for now, so the minimum number of licenses for any of our Business plans remains 5

DD1
Dropbox Staff

@bdragule wrote:

The problem with all this is that I'm a Dropbox Pro subscriber. It says so in my profile. So was this email sent to me in error, or have I been unknowingly paying for a higher tier all this time?

Would you mind checking if the email was received at a different email address? (please do not share the email addresses as it's a public forum) 

Just want to make sure it's not a case of several Dropbox accounts. If that's not the case, I'd recommend reaching out to support at https://www.dropbox.com/support to flag this with our support team

wickedworksgrup
New member | Level 2

ok thanks for the uypdate.

So with 5 licenses over a year with 5 TB of storgae 

what does that cost me in the new system ?

thnaks

Tony

DD1
Dropbox Staff

wickedworksgrup wrote:

So with 5 licenses over a year with 5 TB of storgae 

what does that cost me in the new system ?

That depends on which plan you choose and which country you are in (currency and taxes are applied based on your billing country). Check out the prices for the plan you need here: https://www.dropbox.com/plans?trigger=nr

JPach
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Tony,

With the actual Business Plan we are paying 10$/user&month (priece for annual payment) with a minimum of 5 users, 600$/year. This include 5 users, no storage limit, infinite version history and all the lovely functions of Dropbox like Team Folders, Shared Folders, Shared Links, Admin Tools, Paper, Speed Sync by LAN, etc...

With the 2 new Business Plans, Standard and Advanced, we will pay...

• Standard Plan: the same price for 5 users (minimum), 2 TB storage and less functionalities than the actual.
  • Advanced Plan: 50% more (900$/year) for 5 users (minimum), infinite storage, only 120 day of version history, and the same functions than the actual plan.

You can finde more datailed information at:
www.dropbox.com/business/plans-comparison

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lucababi New member | Level 2
    esmith Helpful | Level 5
    DD1 Dropbox Staff
    DreamHarvest New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?