cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Product Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rif.: What's new in Dropbox - 5th Edition

What's new in Dropbox - 5th Edition

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hi all

Welcome to another edition of our 'What's New in Dropbox'. If you missed any previous edition, you can read them all here

The goal of this edition is to give you a bit more insights on what's happening in Dropbox and Dropbox Paper. You're welcome to add comments and feedback!

Thanks and have a great read 🙂

smart-sync-icons4.png

Desktop IPv6

The Dropbox application now supports connecting on networks that utilize IPv6 addressing. Should your internal network operate with IPv6 addresses then the desktop application will recognize this and operate within this environment. If, for any reason, the network were to change to using IPv4 addressing then we would continue to operate.

In the event that you are running a dual-stack IP implementation and both IPv6 and IPv4 are available, Dropbox will take the IPv6 network by default but may take IPv4 in situations where IPv6 addresses are slow to resolve. 

Drag and Drop on Paper

We’ve recently released drag and drop features for columns and rows in Paper tables. Now you can reorganize your tables without having to copy/paste the content!  

Raw photo previews

Dropbox now previews raw photos on the web, iOS, and Android apps. We support previews for multiple file type extensions. You can see the full list here. There are some exceptions to which RAW file extensions are supported, and we will share more updates on this once we have more information. 

New Dropbox web with enhanced UI

To make dropbox.com even better and easier to use, we’re rolling out an updated design. A few things have changed with the redesigned version of dropbox.com. You can read them all in details on our Help Center:

Hope you enjoyed it! 

41 Replies 41

tomachas
Helpful | Level 5

Now we're talking. Thanks dropbox team!

Arturo A.
Helpful | Level 6

RAW Previews!? Great new things.

Bong
New member | Level 2

How to view or where to click if you want to view the size of each file? if none, please add that feature. thank you.

Bonnie K.4
Collaborator | Level 9

With this new Dropbox web layout, the column on the right with the Share folder, Upload Files options takes away a lot of screen space. Now if you have files with long names, there is no way to view the whole name, and there is a huge column of blank space on the right. What a poor design change.

And you can no longer see the file size for each file, please add that feature back, that is very important!! How do I see the file size now??

djcarloscid
New member | Level 2

All the reason, lousy the new layout

RJLSERVICE
New member | Level 2

I have to say that the changes look nice, but in the recent tab the updates have gone backwards as least as far as it applies to my work.  I need to have more, not less options to search for recent changes, particularly by others with access to my files.  IT was difficult before, not it is impossible.  Unless I am missing something.

jhaddan
New member | Level 2

This update to the web log in and navigation makes it harder to be productive. Requiring me to use my mouse for everything. How do I change it back to the old why? Why wasnt this atomaticly an option??? This sucks!! I've used db for years now am ready to move my whole team to another service if this is going to be the way you do businsss...

Lgrayb
New member | Level 2

The new Dropbox is awful. Why do I have to keep checking and unchecking folders every time I want to edit or do anything with files in the online version? It's a waste of time and serves no purpose. 

MarcoI
Helpful | Level 6

Sorry if I missed it, but cannot find the Events menu any more. It is the absolute must have feature for me. Do you plan to reintroduce it?

Thanks

Need more support?