cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Product Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: You can now add a second email to my Dropbox account!

You can now add a second email to my Dropbox account!

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hello everybody!

We have some pretty exciting news! You can now add a secondary email to your Dropbox account.  We'll be rolling this out in the next few weeks so don't freak out if you don't see it in your account just yet 🙂

By adding a secondary email, you can route content shared with your primary or secondary email into a single Dropbox account. Secondary emails are available to Dropbox Professional, Plus, and Business customers.

What is a secondary email?
  • Your Dropbox account is associated with an email address today. Secondary emails allows you to connect another email to your account. Content shared to that email address will be routed to your account.
  • No more having to manage multiple separate accounts that really should be merged or the“hey, can you share it to this email address instead?”

What can I do with a secondary email?
  • Receive content (shared folders, comments, Paper, etc) → think of this like email routing
  • When people share content to your secondary email, you’ll receive it in your primary account
  • Any follow-up actions you take will be from your primary account
    • Note: you can’t login, recover your account, get support, make changes etc. from your secondary

>> Read our Help Center instructions on how to add a secondary email

Feel free to share any feedback or questions regarding the use of secondary emails!

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

readywarehouse
New member | Level 2

Hi, how are you?

I have dropbox app on my pc for an existing account and I just created a new dropbox account. I also want to access the second account to my pc. How can I do that?

Thank you

llieder45
New member | Level 2

I received the email today that I would be able to add my secondary email account but when I click the link I receive an error page -  Error (4xx) We cannot find the page you are looking for..

Giel23
New member | Level 2

same problem here

Estella
Explorer | Level 3
Hello. There will be an option where you can switch under settings.
Hope this helps

Mousca
New member | Level 2

I am not sure how this is issue is suggested to be solved. I do not have the option to add a secondary email even of drobox help is suggesting it to be possible. 

Can anyone explain please. under settings/general I only have one email related entry. and it is the one with my main email. Is it possible that this option has not been released to all users?

Need more support?