cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Product Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS text editor is now available!

iOS text editor is now available!

Ed
Dropbox Staff

We are happy to announce that iOS now has a text editor! You can access this feature on any text file from the toolbar in the lower left corner.

unnamed.gif

56 Replies 56

Rich
Super User II
What file formats other than .TXT are supported? Ideally, it should be able to edit any file type. I have a lot of text files that use different extensions (log files, raw code/scripts, etc.) that are just plain text.

Alexlee
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks for the txt editor. But the speed scroll is gone after txt editor introduced. Some of my txt files have over 50 pages, So I can't work with Dropbox without speed scroll. Thanks!

Ed
Dropbox Staff
It only supports .txt at the moment. Which other text files were you looking to edit? I can send the feedback to the team

ernstMreicher58
Super User

hm?!?!?!

doesn´t work on every .txt file!!!

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Hi Ernst,

Can you send us examples on when it doesn't work? I'll reach out offline.

Tom H.21
New member | Level 2

Aha!  So that's what changed.  Yeah, this is a major problem for me.  I view (don't care so much about edit) some large text files, on a daily basis. 

Maces
New member | Level 2

I am experiencing the same issue as Ernst: I do not see the text editor feature when viewing my .txt file

Jon T.7
Helpful | Level 5

I can only edit (on my phone) .txt files that I create on my phone, not ones created on my Mac.

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jon T.7@Maces

Thanks for flagging this. We've identified and were able to reproduce this and I shared your feedback with our engineers. I'll let you know as soon as we have news on it.

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pveld New member | Level 2
    ariadne2 New member | Level 2
    Barbarian-C New member | Level 2
    MickGyver New member | Level 2
    PaRaN01d Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?