cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 digit code required to login, is sent to an email address I can no longer access

6 digit code required to login, is sent to an email address I can no longer access

lihaolin1991
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, 

I haven't login my dropbox account (not this account asking the question, but the other account) for a long time, and when I try to login it requires the 6-digits code sent to my email address, however, my email address has expired, because I left my previous institute. So my situation can be summarized in the following:

1. email address linked to the account is not accessible, by no chance it can be recovered.

2. I have no device with the account login 

3. I have the password for my dropbox account

What can I do to recover my account?

BTW, I am still paying for the professional plan!!

30 Replies 30

MKendle
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the ticket ID @MKendle 

I was able to locate it in our system and passed your comments on. 

A member from the team should be getting back to you soon, but please let us know if you have anything else to add in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

michal9
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How i can remove this safety requirements? I block one account and need to safe from block second acount.
I pay you to keep my files, not block them for some safety politics i know when its to late. 
I check everything in settings and there is no such information. 

I change laptop and have trouble with new login in.
I change devices often and in future i sure i will block also my second account. 
I planed to keep here my files in long term but I can't trust you if you add additional standards that i can't fulfill. And my data is blocked. 
Can i have refund for all months i pay you for collecting my data and now i can't access them? 

Hopefully first account didn't have important data but i will be moving my second account if i cant turn off this excessive requirements. All money i invest in this solution was wrong idea. 

Danny199656
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi i need help getting into my account as I've changed my handset so it's trying to send a verification code to an email i don't have access to anymore so i need an email address to speak to an advisor please

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You probably wont be able to get in I'm afraid: https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

For support you can log tickets at www.dropbox.com/support. Make sure you are NOT signed in, even to these forums (incognito works well).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JTHomestyle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I signed Out of my Dropbox account but can't log back in because the e mail to which the verification code is sent is no longer valid. Can anyone please. help

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @JTHomestyle, I hope you're doing well!

If I understand correctly, you're don't have access to the email address of your Dropbox account, in order to receive the 6 digit code, and sign in to your account.

I moved your post to this thread with more info on this issue.

Can you check the solution here by Samantha, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

michal9
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I log in on apple ipad without 6 digit verification code. Apparently they have some agreement with apple to lover securities or more likely they don’t control it well.

Again… I didn’t know about this security code but they force it without informing. Personally I prefer use second factor authentication app generated code or usb key.

I successfully get photos only because I have access to expensive apple iPad.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @michal9, sorry to jump in here, but could you clarify if you're having an issue with accessing any of your Dropbox accounts at the moment? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

adel2237
Explorer | Level 3
Hi my dear
Icant login and icant receve code by email
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    adel2237 Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    michal9 Explorer | Level 4