cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing old dropbox account without mail.

Accessing old dropbox account without mail.

xSilke
New member | Level 2

Hello

For each travel I did in the past, I made a separate account. I did it when it wasn`t required to verify the email so i made one up and there was no MFA also.

Now I tried to log into one of the accounts (I still know the passwords), but out of nowhere there is a MFA required and the 6 digit code is sent to the mail I do not have. The emails were made up, just for dropbox. My phone number is also not linked.

Those accounts are very important to me because there are a lot of pictures there from my travels.

Is there another way to acces my accounts? Or change the MFA to send the code to my phone.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Silke

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@xSilke wrote:

Now I tried to log into one of the accounts (I still know the passwords), but out of nowhere there is a MFA required and the 6 digit code is sent to the mail I do not have. The emails were made up, just for dropbox.

If you forgot your password or if you're being prompted for a verification code, there's no way to access the account without access to the old email address. If the fake emails use a real domain name (like gmail.com, etc.), perhaps you can create new mail accounts to match.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?