cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As an administrator is there a way to share all folders from an user with an administrator account ?

As an administrator is there a way to share all folders from an user with an administrator account ?

Celine86
Explorer | Level 4

With user consent of course. 

The goal here is to move all the folders from an user to a FileServer in order to archive all the data. 

5 Replies 5

Re: As an administrator is there a way to share all folders from an user with an administrator ac...

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @Celine86, I'd be happy to answer this one for you! 

Would you like to keep the user as a member on the team eventually? 

If yes, then the best way for you would be to share everything from the team member, to the team admin's account.

Another alternative is for the user to move content from one folder, to the other. 

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Re: As an administrator is there a way to share all folders from an user with an administrator ac...

Celine86
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
The user will stay member of the organisation.

The scenario here is that each user shares his/her folder with other users and I have to go on each folder to share it with the account wich will perform a copy on a FileShare. They don't use Team Folders.
I was wondering if there wasn't an easier way to do it 😅

Hannah
Dropboxer

Sorry for jumping in here, @Celine86!

In this case, if these are simple shared folders, the members will all need to share them with the account that needs access.

So what you had in mind already is the way to go, sorry that we couldn't help more!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Celine86
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, 

Thank you for your answer.
I also reach out to DropBox Support to knew if there is a way to share all shared folder from an user at once but, sadly for me, there isn't 😢

Could be a nice feature for a DropBox Administrator 😅

Kind Regards

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Celine86, sorry to jump in here.

I just wanted to mention that you can post your feature requests in our Share an Idea board, if you like, so other users can share their own feedback about it and up-vote it to show their interest. 

Cheers!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Celine86 Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropboxer
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?