cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic to Plus

Basic to Plus

Anto2023
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Am sharing my Basic account to store and share a set of folders with a client who also had a free account.  As I did not have enough storage for our project, the client has upgraded to DropBox Plus.  Am uncertain how to proceed as the specific set of folders are on my free account and we would like to use hers in future.  Thank you for you help! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Anto2023 wrote:

As I did not have enough storage for our project, the client has upgraded to DropBox Plus.

Even though your client upgraded to Plus, that doesn't mean you'll have access to the extra storage space on their account. Only the account that was upgraded has extra space. Other accounts accessing the same shared folder are still limited to the space available within their own account.

https://help.dropbox.com/storage-space/storage-space

If you have access to a shared folder that's larger than the space available in your your account, you'll need to upgrade your account as well in order to continue using the folder.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Anto2023 wrote:

As I did not have enough storage for our project, the client has upgraded to DropBox Plus.

Even though your client upgraded to Plus, that doesn't mean you'll have access to the extra storage space on their account. Only the account that was upgraded has extra space. Other accounts accessing the same shared folder are still limited to the space available within their own account.

https://help.dropbox.com/storage-space/storage-space

If you have access to a shared folder that's larger than the space available in your your account, you'll need to upgrade your account as well in order to continue using the folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?