cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Obsolete Email Change

Can't access email associated with my account

mattba
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The email associated with one of my accounts was disabled. So when I try to sign in to the account and Dropbox sends a 6-digit code to that email address, I can't get it. Therefore, I can't get into my account.

29 Replies 29

AnnePalmer1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi - I also have the same issue and need assistance as I was charged another annual fee. 

The email linked to the account is closed as it was a work email I no longer have access to - I cannot dropbox to closed the account as I cannot access due to needing the 6 figure code. How can I provide my details for you to reach out an help?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @AnnePalmer1 & @gretD, let's jump right into this!

Have you tried to contact Dropbox Support directly for this?

You can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end.

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

anonymous1231
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same problem.  I need to login to my account but no longer have access to the email to retrieve the code.  Is there anyway around this?  

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @anonymous1231, could you try the steps in the previous post by @Megan to contact the support team for them to assist further on this matter?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

sndeall
New member | Level 2

Hi there, I have a similar problem,

The email linked to the account is closed as it was a work email I no longer have access to - I can not access my dropbox as I cannot access due to needing the 6 figure code. Is there a way around this?

I have 2 accounts, one which was a basic account and that I can access but most of my files are in my upgraded account which I no longer have access to.  Can you help?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sndeall, I'm afraid that without access to the email address, there's not much that can be done, but have you tried reaching out to our support team?

I'd suggest opening a private browsing/Incognito window and going to this page.

From there, you can submit a help request to our team and once you have the ticket number, please send it along here as well.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Agath malde
Explorer | Level 3

[removed]
This email to trying access.

Full name
agath [removed]

I am not choyor ekzat date bute I am using in last 5to 7 yar dropbox account.

I am currently in last lokeshon

[removed]

[removed]

I am last successfully login

[removed]

I am fast login mobail semsanggalaxy duos.

Second login Coolpad cool one mobail .

Thard login redmi 5a mobail.

Fourth login (carant)redmi9powor mobail.

File nem

May Fred... Doqmen

May Gmail account is blocked .

I am lost may email account and dropbox account axass

Iam not any one time password..

I am login new game I'd. [removed]

and black ([removed])Gmail ID is sem ip address

Please help me may dropbox account Recavary without old email address

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Rich
Super User II

@Agath malde wrote:

Please help me may dropbox account Recavary without old email address

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account, it's unlikely that you can gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

mattba
Explorer | Level 3

The name of this thread is “Can't access email associated with my account,” as can be seen in the URL: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Security-and-Permissions/Can-t-access-email-associated-with-my-accou...

I just got email saying that Rich posted a new reply on the “How to get started with Selective Sync” thread. Which takes me to https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Security-and-Permissions/Can-t-access-email-associated-with-my-accou..., which has Rich’s post under a “How to get started with Selective Sync” heading. But you can see the URL still has the original name.

So what happened? This has nothing to do with Selective Sync. Some forum bug?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@seanjonesnz73 wrote:

Hi there.  I someone able to help me?  I am also having the same problem where the email associated with one of my accounts was disabled

You need to contact support as is explained on page 1.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?