cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercial link set up does not work-interference from individual account?

Commercial link set up does not work-interference from individual account?

Jackie Jay B
New member | Level 2

I received a link to set up an account to upload tax docs from my accountant. I clicked on the link they sent and said I would be joining their team account. I could see all the people who would have access to me docs. When the page opened there were four fields to fill in. My first and last name, but the field for my email was already filled in so I let that be. Then there was only one field to create a password. Usually there are two to confirm. Google password manager popped up with a suggested password which I used. It said the password was saved. Then it took me to a page with a dog saying something went wrong and to try again. So I did then I got error message 500. However somehow all of the sudden I got a page and I was signed into a new individual account. There were no docs in it. I also got a message to finish setting up my account. Because it was a new account, I uploaded a doc and then asked the accountant's if they could access it. They could not. It is an individual account. Now I can not get chat help because I am not a paying customer. I have written the accountant and am waiting. But when I wrote before they did not know what to do so I said I would try. Help?

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome aboard the Community, @Jackie Jay B!

It sounds like you created a separate Dropbox account indeed, which isn’t part of the Business team you were invited to.

Can you please check this Help Center article and ask your admin to re-invite you to their team? Does it seem to work this time, or not really? 

Keep me posted for any updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?