cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device used to receive two-step verification messages is no longer available

Device used to receive two-step verification messages is no longer available

Vida3
New member | Level 2

Good day 

I started working at a company that uses dropbox, the previous lady set it up and used her own email, she no longer have the phone where the sms is sent to so we can gain access to reply yes, so I can change the email on dropbox. We have no way of getting hold of her at all. 

What can we do, so I can log in to dropbox on a new laptop as my old one is broken and I need access to dropbox as we work on it every single day? 

Pleas can you assist me on how to go about. 

Kind Regards 

Vida Lottering

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
@Vida3 wrote:

the previous lady set it up and used her own email, she no longer have the phone where the sms is sent to so we can gain access to reply yes ... What can we do, so I can log in to dropbox ...

If two-step verification is enabled on the account and you don't have access to the verification device, the only way to gain access to the account would be to use the emergency backup codes that were provided when two-step authentication was enabled. Without the verification device or the backup codes, it's not possible to sign in to an account protected by two-step verification.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?