cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Difficulty accessing invitation to edit a folder shared with me - email address mismatch

Difficulty accessing invitation to edit a folder shared with me - email address mismatch

Rippleman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I setup Dropbox several years ago with an email address that I don't use much anymore. Someone I know sent me an invitation to edit a folder that he shared with me, but he used my newer current email address. When I entered the 6 digit code from Dropbox, they recognized the email mismatch and I requested access to the folder and explained the situation in a note. How long will it take for dropbox to review this and either grant or deny access?

I went into my profile and tried to change the email address on file but I got an error message saying that address (my newer current one) was already taken. I am the only one using that address, so I'm confused. Can this be reset?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rippleman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was able to access the dropbox account with my newer current email address. Signed out of old address account, put in new address and did forgot my password. And viola, I could access the folder shared with me. 
Thanks anyway!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rippleman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was able to access the dropbox account with my newer current email address. Signed out of old address account, put in new address and did forgot my password. And viola, I could access the folder shared with me. 
Thanks anyway!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rippleman New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?