cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disbanded by Dropbox - HELP?!?!

Disbanded by Dropbox - HELP?!?!

MikeGarlick84
New member | Level 2

Hi 

I woke up this morning to this message :

The Mike Garlick Design team has been disbanded by Dropbox. Your team’s folders have been converted to shared folders, and all Mike Garlick Design groups have been deleted. Your account has been converted to a personal Dropbox plan.

I never had a team folder? Now I can't see any of my files? Where have they gone? Whats going on?

Thanks

Mike 

10 Replies 10

Re: Disbanded by Dropbox - HELP?!?!

MartinSTR9
Explorer | Level 4

I am in the same situation... I dont know what to do. However I can see my files, but only as normal local files. 

MikeGarlick84
New member | Level 2

I think I can see whats happened in my instance... I had x2 Dropbox accounts - x1 Personal - x1 Business using different emails. 

I was logged into both at the same time. The business account has now been converted to a Personal account overnight, meaning I can only log into one or the other Personal account - one at a time, if that makes sense. 

I can now see my usual files, phew! 

Hope this helps shed some light... 

jimmypreserve
New member | Level 2

mee too! What happened??? No communication plan from Dropbox (so far)...

🤬

MikeGarlick84
New member | Level 2

Absolutely awful communication from Dropbox, no prior warning, just BOOM  - we've made this change! 

MartinSTR9
Explorer | Level 4

ok, my situation is different.. I also have x2 accounts with 2 emails. But they hasnt been changed. but my account Dropbox plus suddenly has been changed to Basic. At this moment I cannt sing in because I am already singed in more than 3 devices. (limit for basic account). 

TomB4
New member | Level 2

A similar situation here, we have no idea who the admin was as our team was set up years ago. Can't see who the files are shared with, although it does say shared with 11 people. I really need to tidy up, download all files to on prem archive and delete the lot on Dropbox but cannot see where to do this.

Nancy
Dropboxer
Hi everyone, sorry to jump in. 

From what you’ve mentioned, it sounds like you were previously on a free team, which was disbanded/deprecated.

You can take a look at this Help Center article for all relevant details. 

@MartinSTR9, the limit that you mention applies indeed if you're on Basic, but only for the Dropbox apps. You should still be able to log in to your Dropbox account via the website, for example. Also, if you were previously on a Plus plan, it shouldn't be converted to Basic, instead. 

If you wish, send me a few more details on this, so that we can take a look. 

Also, @TomB4, can you provide more details on where you’ve having an issue exactly? Do you have any difficulty when trying to download your files for example, or when trying to delete some of them? 

Let me know, and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

TomB4
New member | Level 2

Thank you @nancy

I see the issue as being, if I delete am I only deleting content for me and leaving files behind owned or shared by others? Downloading seems OK, it is clearing up after me and the unknown other sharers/admins that I would like advice on.

MartinSTR9
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you nancy. You are right i am (and I was) still able to connect to my web-dropbox. In the web i also found that the account had been changed to basic. I have solved it - I purchased Dropbox plus again. I dont know the reason of change plus>basic. But i am 100% sure I was having Plus until today. At this moment I still see in my plan that i have basic with 2 months trial plus. Fortunately I havent lost any data, and after purchased-again, the desktop dropbox looks like it used to. I hope the problem has been solved forever. Thanks

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    MartinSTR9 Explorer | Level 4
    TomB4 New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?