cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOLLOW UP - Dropbox Business: Can't see team folders from applications with Dropbox access

Dropbox Business: Can't see team folders from applications with Dropbox access

oliverwisholm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Dropbox Forum,

I'm a Dropbox Business user. Everytime I use any program with access to dropbox, I can only see the personal folder (the purple one). I need access to the team folders (the blue ones) so I can get files that's shared within our whole team. Some of the programs are Backpack Studio, Synology, Akeeba backup and, from one of the big developers, Premiere Rush by Adobe. Can anyone help me with this issue?

17 Replies 17

Rui A.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same issue. On Synology only Personal Folder is backed, the Teams Folders don't appear....

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report @Rui A. !

I've followed up internally via email (the one that's connected to your Community's profile) to further investigate.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Thanks again and happy new Year too. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello everyone!

Touching back here to close this thread. 

After reviewing all the relevant cases here, we would like to advise everyone facing the same issue to contact the third party app developers about this. 

If you are provided with a fix, feel free to update us!

EDIT: We will merge your updates here. 

Thank you all for reporting this on our Community. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

oliverwisholm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I'm sorry that I need to respond in a new thread, but somebody named Fiona decided it was a good idea to close the other one, even though the problem still occurs. Here's a link to the old thread: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Teams-admins/Dropbox-Business-Can-t-see-team-folders-from-applicatio...

With that being said, I know that I've waited a long time to make a response ... I just wanted to have it resolved with Adobe Premiere Rush (which it still isn't, although I'm working on it), before posting again. Adobe said that it probably will be resolved in the next update of Rush.

Here is what you need to inform the developers of the 3rd party software, where you're experiencing this problem. With this information they'll know what the problem is about and how to resolve it:

Hi xxx developer,

We are a company using the Dropbox Business solution. The last couple of months we have been in contact with the Dropbox developer team, because we experience an issue connecting to the "team folders" (blue) in the business solution. The problem is, that when trying to navigate to the dropbox root with all our folders, it goes directly into the "member folder" (purple).

After a long time corresponding back and forth with the Dropbox developers, they have admitted that they a able to reproduce the issue.

Dropbox said: "With the introduction of team member folders the effective directory root defaults to the members team folder and all relative paths now reference this root. To overcome this the developer needs to specify the 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root' header and reference the namespace of the teams root. This then sets the effective path to be the expected teams 'root' folder."

Later on they gave us this IMPORTANT information: "All 3rd party developers need to implement the 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root' header flag to allow access to the teams root folder. Without this flag the API will default to the members home folder and users cannot navigate up to the root namespace. The following guide shows the required header and its implementation - https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/namespace-guide "

We hope to hear from you soon, since this is a major problem for us and everyone else using your product with Dropbox Business.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for posting updates about this @oliverwisholm

I will merge this post into the closed thead  we have for this matter. 

Wish we could assist more on our end with this. 

Thanks again. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

seenajon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi!

I've always had the same issue and it's rendered my great Synology setup almost useless. Is there a fix for this where I can sync my Dropbox Business team folder to my Synology NAS? 

thanks,

seena

Rui A.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've already sent the Dropbox response to Synology. From what I understood, Synology needs to change a flag in their CloudSync software. Please report this to the Synology people to see if they decide to do something about it. I've done that, but it seems there is no advance.... 

graphic_lad
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

We too are looking for a backup option to backup everything from all of our team folders. I inquired today with Synology to find out if it's in the pipeline. Here's the response: 

"We are introducing an update to our incorporation of the Dropbox API in a future update but I don't have any specific information if this is meant to address Team folder support so you can consider checking back in a few months once that update has been released."

Sounds like I need to find a different solution.

Need more support?