cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox backup - Can't back up without permission

Dropbox backup - Can't back up without permission

Andrew73
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have gone into the folders (Desktop, Documents, Downloads) and given Read and Write permission, but I still receive the same error message. Where can I find the folder that I need to give permission to?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew73
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Nevermind. I found what I needed by giving permission in Security - Privacy.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andrew73
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Nevermind. I found what I needed by giving permission in Security - Privacy.

snoopsmaus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Andrew.

I have the same problem but can't figure out where to give permission on my iMac (Ventura). 
Can you help me any further, please? 

snoopsmaus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Permissions are needed, and I can't figure out how to solve the problem after re-installing the Dropbox app to remove Dropbox Beta (because no button was there to switch back). I neither have a "Desktop" nor a "Documents" or a "Downloads" folder on my iMac anymore, and I can't restore it. 
The document in your help doesn't help.

Please help, I am really frustrated after this Beta experience. 
Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-17 um 21.39.45.png

Andrew73
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I was doing in Monterey, but I'm sure it's the same in Ventura. In System Preferences - Privacy, I gave Dropbox "Full Disk Access". I can see Dropbox is also in "Files and Folders" so maybe you only need to give access there. Since I gave Full Disk Access, then "Files and Folders" is automatically included.

Need more support?