cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you new to Dropbox? Our Newcomers group is the perfect place to learn the basics, find out more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox won't sign in, says "There was a problem completing this request"

Dropbox won't sign in, says "There was a problem completing this request"

laddie
Explorer | Level 3

I've successfully installed and logged into Dropbox on 4 computers today -- when I got to #5 and then #6, it gives me an error when I try to log in -- I am using the correct username and password. It just says "There was a problem completing this request."

I've then tried logging in via Dropbox.com and I get the same error message. I have 2FA on and I have had no problems receiving codes today. However, I can no longer actually log into Dropbox.com or the Windows 10 Dropbox Desktop application.

Please help as I am running low on time here. Thank you.

Edit: was able to log in on device #5 but not #6 yet. Does Dropbox throttle how often you can install and log into the application?

Edit #2: I turned off 2FA and turned it back on using Authy instead of a phone number and now it works. Hope this helps someone in the future.

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @laddie, thanks for reaching out to our Community.

And thanks for sharing your experience, when it comes to logging into multiple devices on the same day.

I will leave this thread open here, in case another user comes across this behavior in the future.

If you need anything else, just let us know!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?