cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email address changed and I can't get access to get 6 digit code

Email address changed and I can't get access to get 6 digit code

JaneS1997
Explorer | Level 3

I have two accounts the one I am logged into right now and another account. I cannot log into my other account because the email has been changed and the email associated with that account in no longer active. When I try to login I have the right username and password but it prompts me to enter the 6 digit code to login and the 6 digit code is being sent to my email that is no longer active. So I cannot login. I have several folders in there that I hoped to be able to bring into this account. 

8 Replies 8

Rich
Super User II

@JaneS1997 wrote:

I cannot log into my other account because the email has been changed and the email associated with that account in no longer active.

If you don't already have an active device signed in to that account, then you'll need access to the email address associated with it in order to sign in. Your best option will likely be to contact the email provider and see if you can get the email address restored, even if it's just temporary, so you can receive the verification code.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me too, @JaneS1997!

If you get in touch with your email provider, and you’re still unable to resolve this, feel free to open a ticket/email with our support team, so that they can look into this, as well. 

You can always reach out to them via this page. In case you end up opening a ticket, please make sure to post your ticket number here, as well.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JaneS1997
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you. Unfortunately, I can't contact the former email provider. That's the problem.

JaneS1997
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you. That's the problem, I can't get in touch with the old email provider for assistance. And I can't put in a support ticket under the Basic plan, so it looks like I'll have to upgrade just to ask a question unless you have some other advice. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, @JaneS1997

Since this is regarding a sign-in issue, you should be able to open a support ticket with our team without being logged in to any Dropbox account. Please follow these steps: 

1. Make sure that you are NOT signed in to ANY Dropbox account in your internet browser.

2. Go to this page https://www.dropbox.com/support/sign-in-issues, and click on the “Can’t sign in?” option. 

3. Scroll down the page to “Submit a Help Request”.

4. Enter your information, make sure that you enter an email address that you currently have access to, and submit it. 

5. You will then receive a confirmation email that will have a ticket number. 

Once you receive your ticket number, please upload it here, and I’ll assign your case to an agent.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

JaneS1997
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!

Ticket number is 20967248

Thank you!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for that, @JaneS1997! I’ve left an internal note to our team, so that they may check your case as soon as possible. 

Cheers.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

JaneS19971
New member | Level 2

Hi, it's actually JaneS1997 here. With the email update to get me into my old account, I was prompted to change my Community name. But I definitely wanted to find a way back here and THANK you for your help. Support was great and I got back into my account. I have to be honest that other communities on other platforms have never brought resolution in the past so I was skeptical. Dropbox provided an amazing experience! Best, Jane.

Need more support?