cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free team disbanded by Dropbox

Free team disbanded by Dropbox

MikeMp3
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Team,

Can someone please help with an email I received as below? Not sure what it all means 

The ???? Limited team has been disbanded by Dropbox. Your team’s folders have been converted to shared folders, and all ??? Limited groups have been deleted. Your account has been converted to a personal Dropbox plan.

Reason I ask is that we had a colleague that left our company under bad terms. 

Many thanks in advance. 

114 Replies 114

Rich
Super User II

@Anita Ny wrote:

A couple of days ago I realized my work dropbox account has been removed from all of my computers and I really like to find my work files.

Your accounts were likely part of a free team, which allowed you to have two accounts syncing to your computer. Dropbox ended support for free teams back in January and any existing teams have been disbanded. Both of your accounts still exist. One will still be linked to your computer, and you can sign in to the other on the Dropbox website using the email and password for that account.

The only way to connect a work and personal account now is if one of the accounts is a paid Business account.

Chefalina
New member | Level 2

I had two accounts for years and one contained all of my forms and files from years of business, I din't use it often but still used it at least a few times a year. I was able to toggle back and forth between accounts on my app....dropbox deleted my accounts with the teams folders and it's years of work gone. Is there anyway to get it back???

Rich
Super User II

@Chefalina wrote:

I was able to toggle back and forth between accounts on my app....dropbox deleted my accounts with the teams folders

Dropbox hasn't deleted anything. They've ended support for free teams, which simply allowed you to link two accounts and have them both sync to your computer separately. That functionality no longer exists for non-paid accounts and all existing free teams are being disbanded.

Both of your accounts still exist. One will be linked to your computer as it always has been. The other "work" account will still be accessible by signing in to the account through the Dropbox website.

audseng
New member | Level 2

Do I need to upgrade my Dropbox plan to allow my personal and business accounts to be linked? I am still using the most basic one which does not require any subscription. 

I used to be able to link them and switch between the accounts within one Dropbox app on phone or computer. Few months ago, Dropbox just suddenly unlinked my accounts and now I have to sign out from one account to view folders of another account which is a lot of hassle. 

If I need to upgrade, are there certain plans that only allow the switching of accounts?

Thank you!

Rich
Super User II

@audseng wrote:

Do I need to upgrade my Dropbox plan to allow my personal and business accounts to be linked?

If you're not already on a paid Business plan, yes. Dropbox has ended support for free teams, and all existing teams have been disbanded. This means your accounts would be unlinked and you can only sync one of them to your computer.

The only accounts that still allow you to link and switch between accounts are the paid Business accounts.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    audseng New member | Level 2
    Chefalina New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?