cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - I think I lost my files

HELP - I think I lost my files

cskuf
New member | Level 2

A client of mine sent me a link (that was supposed to be a folder), but when I accepted the request it merged my account to his. I received an email that my account had been cancelled and a credit issued and now when I log in, all of my files are there but under his account. How do I undo this?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@cskuf wrote:

A client of mine sent me a link (that was supposed to be a folder) ...

What your client sent you was an invitation to join his Business team account. By accepting, you merged your account into his, using one of his licenses and making him the owner of your account. You would have received a prorated refund for any time remaining on your account.

In order to leave the team, the team admin needs to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

Once your account has been converted back to an individual account, you'll need to resubscribe to whatever paid plan you were on previously.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?