cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How To Verify New Device

How To Verify New Device

Barbjc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am a member of a women's club that is a non-profit.  I have been using Dropbox for many years to store our Business meeting's documents for historical preservation and for a club member to research meeting Minutes, Agendas, Treasurer's Reports, etc.

Whenever a club member signs into Dropbox.com and uses our password they are denied access until I give them permission.

What is the procedure I should follow to make it easier for the club members to have access?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Barbjc wrote:

Whenever a club member signs into Dropbox.com and uses our password they are denied access until I give them permission.

Don't do that. NEVER share your password with other people. First, it's a major security risk as anyone with the password could take over the account for themselves. Second, it's against the Dropbox terms and could result in termination of the account with no notice, which would include the deletion of any content in the account.

Instead, each person that needs access to the files should have their own Dropbox account and you can invite them to join a shared folder where you would store your club's documents.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Barbjc wrote:

Don't do that. NEVER share your password with other people. First, it's a major security risk as anyone with the password could take over the account for themselves. Second, it's against the Dropbox terms and could result in termination of the account with no notice, which would include the deletion of any content in the account.

Instead, each person that needs access to the files should have their own Dropbox account and you can invite them to join a shared folder where you would store your club's documents.

Barbjc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Rich!  I didn't realize that what I was doing wrong and I will correct it immediately!

Need more support?