cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleting Teams

How can I delete a whole team?

NILC B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How do I delete a Team? Not a team member, a team. I'm the administrator and I cannot find the way in which I can delete a Team that I once created but no longer want.

32 Replies 32

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

i was trusting dropbox... that was the main reason. I will have to go back in physical backup and NAS and all these... pppffff damn you dropbox

Sam A.22
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

https://www.dropbox.com/team/ remove team and go back to personal.

Dave C.5
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Ok I just clicked that link above, using a free account unconnected to any DfB account, and it offered me this random group of teams to join?

Reform , TCOSS , BMGroup Architects, Ryder-Lewis, Lew, Lowe , Te Karaka

There is NO WAY 7 teams invited me to join not on this email address!

Whats with the random teams?

Jesús G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thank you @Sam A. That gave me the courage to "remove the team". It solved it.

Susan A.11
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have just boldly left the team -- and I seem to still have all my files intact. Oddly, on my computer, I appear to have duplicate dropboxes. I will leave that a while and determine if I can just delete the copies that are under the "team" name.

I thought it was actually me that set up the team -- but I see that someone else was named as the admin (perhaps by me? can't recall, it was 18 months ago) and so I had to leave the team rather than eject the other team members.

So far this seems to have worked.

KENNY C.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

dear all,

i am having same problem very simple to solve.

step 1 : login to www.dropbox.com/team

step 2: click leave team

step 3: done

everything will be restore as normal

Andy F.5
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have a similar problem: I tried the 'team' feature a while ago to see what it is... I didn't need it, since I'm the only one using my Dropbox.

Now I chose to remove that feature.

- I deleted all files in the team-folder

- then I left the team (I was the only member anyway)

- Dropbox now says, my team-folder is full and can no longer get synchronized (although only 15% of my Dropbox space is used).

So HOW can I get *really* rid of that team and how can I force Dropbox popping up this error?

On my account I am seeing, that I definitely are not a member of *any* team.

Federico L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

> step 1 : login to www.dropbox.com/team

> step 2: click leave team

I don't see any such option...

Kora
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello,

You can downgrade your subscription from Business to Basic. When you cancel a Dropbox Business subscription, it will be downgraded and all accounts connected with the former Business account will revert to a free Team plan.

Dropbox Business team admins can cancel a subscription by:

-Visiting their account page and clicking Cancel Dropbox Business.
-Contacting Dropbox support to help process your cancellation (contact info can be found in your admin console).

On this link you will also find an overview on what a free team is: https://www.dropbox.com/help/9124

This is the safest way to delete the team because this does not delete your members accounts 😉

Kora

LeRoy1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Okay, but I can't find anything that says "Leave Team" on that Team Page. I would LOVE to leave the Team. The Admin actually closed his account so I can't count on him to do it! And he is still listed as Admin!!!!

What a mess.

Need more support?