cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to leave a team shared folder.

I need to leave a team shared folder.

rhelling
New member | Level 2

Someone just sent me a teams request and I clicked yes.  It looks like ALL of my information went into a public folder.  I need to remove myself from this team immediately.  How do I do this and revert back to my own account?!?

1 Reply 1

Re: I need to leave a team shared folder.

Rich
Super User II

@rhelling wrote:

Someone just sent me a teams request and I clicked yes.  It looks like ALL of my information went into a public folder.  I need to remove myself from this team immediately.  How do I do this and revert back to my own account?!?

You need to contact the team admin and ask them to convert your account back to an individual account. Only the team admin can do it. It's very important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen they only have seven days to restore your account. They must convert it back to an individual account.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?