cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to delete my account, but no longer have access to the email address

I want to delete my account, but no longer have access to the email address

pmputt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am trying to delete my Dropbox account, but I can't access the email address associated to my login. A third party setup my business email address and then stopped paying for it. I haven't had access to that email for almost a year. I just moved all my files out of Dropbox but would like to delete the account. Everytime I go to delete the account it says I need a password and tries to send an email. How do I delete my Dropbox account if I can't get into my email?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@pmputt wrote:

How do I delete my Dropbox account if I can't get into my email?

You can't. There are several functions that must be confirmed via email, and anything related to passwords is typically included. If the account is tied to an email address you no longer have, and you've moved all of your files out of the account, just let the account idle and it will be deleted automatically after a year of inactivity.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@pmputt wrote:

How do I delete my Dropbox account if I can't get into my email?

You can't. There are several functions that must be confirmed via email, and anything related to passwords is typically included. If the account is tied to an email address you no longer have, and you've moved all of your files out of the account, just let the account idle and it will be deleted automatically after a year of inactivity.

pmputt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Okay, thanks for the help!

fml1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

can i set up a new dropbox account with my current email address? i need to use dropbox but dont have access to my current accounts email address.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@fml1 wrote:

can i set up a new dropbox account with my current email address? i need to use dropbox but dont have access to my current accounts email address.

If you have access to a different email address, you can create a new Dropbox account with it.

Need more support?