cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If an empty dropbox folder without any files or shared links it should be able to recovered.

If an empty dropbox folder without any files or shared links it should be able to recovered.

PaulB1404
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I tried to delete the account and make a new registration. NO you can't get in your folder is full. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @PaulB1404 

Have you checked to see if you've accidentally enabled backups? www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @PaulB1404, thanks for taking the time to post here.

I'm not very clear on your issue, if I'm honest.

Did you try to create a new Dropbox account, with an email that was previously used by another account and got an error message?

Would you mind giving me some more info on the issue or a screenshot of any error you got, so I can look into this?

Thanks in advance.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

PaulB1404
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hannah,

tx for reply. I don't see how to attach screenshots. 

I was using dropbox for several years to drop files to share with some people. I delete the files after some time. I'm now in a situation that using dropbox with the same userid [email address removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines] doesn't sync any files (red circle with white cross) in my imac folder. Logging in with the same userid on dropbox.com >> "this folder is empty" is shown on the screen. So no files at all in my dropbox. If no files, you can't have shared files I suppose.  I even deleted my user on dropbox.com en registered it again to get the same situation. Question is how can I get my userid working again for me to accept some files +/- 30MB.  I'm used to have 2 GB's if I remind well. Best regards. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @PaulB1404 

Have you checked to see if you've accidentally enabled backups? www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    PaulB1404 Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?