cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY ENTIRE ACCOUNT HAS DISAPPEARED!!!

MY ENTIRE ACCOUNT HAS DISAPPEARED!!!

Janexyz
Explorer | Level 3

I’ve been trying to contact DB for MONTHS now - with no response at all. 

ALL OF MY CONTENT HAS DISAPPEARED!!!! My entire years and years of collecting content . . . . 

I have 2 DB accounts: a DB Plus account (my personal one) and I am part of a business account: Fleischer Studios (FSI). 

At one point about a year or so ago, I was invited to join the FSI team, which I accepted. After that, I could access both accounts with the same log-in. Now I can’t access either account. However, when I click on a DB link that I sent someone last August, the content shows up, under the FSI account. So I know the content still exists somewhere.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL!! I need someone to help me.

Thank you,
14 Replies 14

Janexyz
Explorer | Level 3
ALL OF MY CONTENT HAS DISAPPEARED!!!! My entire years and years of collecting content . . . .  

I’ve been been emailing DB for MONTHS now - with no response at all.  There's no way to get to a human. My paid account has been deleted. 

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL!! I need someone to help me.

Thank you.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Janexyz, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to see you're having trouble accessing your account.

You mentioned that after joining the Dropbox Business team, you could access both your account with the same login.

Do you mean that you had paired them and were able to switch between the two on our website?

Or is it possible that you joined the team with your personal account and your files went into the team account?

And do you know if you were removed/deleted from said team?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Janexyzz
Explorer | Level 3

Hi and thanks so much for responding!

The two accounts were separate., with different emails, but I could access both with the same log-in info. My personal account did not get merged with the Team account. Both were accessible to me until a few days ago when everything disappeared.

I've contacted the Admin for the Team account. But there's nothing on that account that I care about. It's my personal account that matters. 

I have a Dropbox Plus account, that I pay for. That's the important one that has disappeared. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Janexyzz, thanks for the update here.

I see that your latest reply is coming from a second account; is that your Dropbox Plus account?

If not, since you're still paying for it, can you use our payment lookup tool, to find which email address is associated with your Plus account, so you can access it and see if you can locate your files?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Janexyz
Explorer | Level 3

Hannah - 

The DropBox Plus account is the [removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines] email. 

I now (mistakenly) have two different user names also: janexyz and Janexyzz. If you can get rid of one of those, that would be great.

This is so confusing and frustrating! Thanks for helping.

Janexyz
Explorer | Level 3

BTW, I have no idea which account I'm posting from. DropBox seems to have made me an entirely new account. I think that's the root of the problem.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Janexyz, I'd love to clarify a couple of things.

First of all, you mentioned that you had two accounts, and that you used to access them both with the same log-in info. That isn't possible, I'm afraid. 

Each account has a unique email address tied to it. Now, since you managed to locate the Plus account, have you tried the email address to access it?

If you don't remember the password, you can request to reset it, as long as you have access to the email address. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Janexyz
Explorer | Level 3

What I mean by accessing 2 accounts with the same log-in, is that, when I logged in with my [removed] email, I could also see the FSI folders.

Now, when I try to log in with the [removed] email, I get the Home page with nothing on it. (I just reset my password to be sure I'm using the right one.)

Same with the email: [removed] - reset the PW to be sure. It's almost empty. It used to have a lot of folders.

Yes, I've tried to access the account with the right email and password. 

[personal info removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Janexyz, is it possible that instead of resetting your password, you were prompted to create a new Dropbox account under that email address?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    midniterose1977 New member | Level 2
    Janexyz Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?