cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My password is expired and I no longer have access to the email associated with my account

My password is expired and I no longer have access to the email associated with my account

tomtom2
New member | Level 2

I knew my account and password and logged in last week, but I am very embarrassed because my password suddenly expired.

I can't access my email address linked with Dropbox, because it no longer exists.

I tried all the options, but I couldn't solve them

so I sent an inquiry email to the support team.(Ticket #18048647) 

I am hopeful that someway, somehow, someone can help me.  I know my old password and can provide detailed answers to any questions.  

Please help. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Re: My password is expired and I no longer have access to the email associated with my account

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email I'm afraid accounts are not recoverable. 

Are you still logged in somewhere? If so download everything and create a new account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: My password is expired and I no longer have access to the email associated with my account

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @tomtom2, thanks for reaching out and sorry to see you're having trouble accessing your account.

If your password expired and you don't have access to your email, but are still logged in on a device, you can still regain access to the account, by following the steps here.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?