cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate Deactivated Account

Reactivate Deactivated Account

P P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I had a pro account (paid thru Oct.) but had to delete the files and deactivate the account. After review, I realized there were some files that I didn't have saved locally. Now I'm trying to find a way to reactivate that account and access the deleted files. I was told to sign up for the account again using the same email address and sign up for a pro account again. Now that I've done that I still can't see any deleted files. Any suggestions?

30 Replies 30

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

As has been stated numerous times, you cannot reactivate an account that has been deleted. It's gone the moment you delete it.

Raquel P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Will like to reactivate my Dropbox,  cannot tell why it went off when I have been using it all the time.  

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

As has been said they cannot be reactivated. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

riri r.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

please i need to reactive my old e-mail

Markus S.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Wie reaktiviere ich mein altes Konto wieder?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Einaphets
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I never received an email warning me that my account would be deleted. They advertise that your photos are safe here. It is complete bull. And now you are saying the send an email to reactivate your account is bull? This is a total scam! I have now lost photos of my children that I will never be able to retrieve and there is NO customer service? This is an awful product and I warn people against using it!!!

pc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Einaphets wrote:
I never received an email warning me that my account would be deleted. They advertise that your photos are safe here. It is complete bull. And now you are saying the send an email to reactivate your account is bull? This is a total scam! I have now lost photos of my children that I will never be able to retrieve and there is NO customer service? This is an awful product and I warn people against using it!!!

I don't know when you wrote your email....but I feel the same way as you.  Dropbox deleted my account too where I had pictures of my children and parents (my dad now deceased).  I would give anything to get them back.  The email they sent notices too, I never used.....I didn't know that you had to go in all the time to keep it activated. I to thought my pictures were safe.  I'm furious and would cry if I knew it would bring back my lost photos. Please is there anything that anyone can do at Dropbox?  

emilynielsen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
That is why I got this E-mail from the Dropbox team telling me otherwise...???? What explains this??? "We see you signed up for a Dropbox account using the email ...................o.com. An account under the same email was recently closed due to inactivity. If you wish to recover the contents of your old account, we may be able to help. Please contact us at reactivating-help@dropbox.com for assistance. Thanks! - The Dropbox Team"

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

emilynielsen wrote:
That is why I got this E-mail from the Dropbox team telling me otherwise...???? What explains this???

That doesn't say anything about reactivating an account. It mentions help recovering files. If the account was recently deactivated then they might be able to help recover some files.

Also, their policy or methods could have changed. The original post for this question was made nearly two years ago, and the follow-ups that have been answered since then were done so with the information available at the time. Only way to know if it can be done is to ask them as no one here on this user-supported forum can assist with this. You need to talk to Support at the email address they gave you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Markus S.7 New member | Level 1
    riri r. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Raquel P.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?