cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover documents from old email address

Recover documents from old email address

HappilyRetired
New member | Level 2

Since I retired, I can no longer use the email address used for my drop box account.  How do I get my documents from that account since I can no longer sign in with that email address?

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Hi @HappilyRetired 

You can still sign in with it as long as you know the password AND it isnt asking for a 6 digit code etc. 

If it is asking for that or you do not know the password then the ONLY way of regaining access is via having the email reactivated

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?