cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Credit Card Charge from Dropbox - is this a genuine charge?

Strange Credit Card Charge from Dropbox - is this a genuine charge?

OldManBrewer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am trying to establish whether a CC charge purporting to be from dropbox is genuine. 

I have tried the credit card finder but it keeps asking for a 12 digit alphanumeric code but the entry on the credit card reciept doesn't have one and reads:

dropbox db.tt/cchelp IE

Does anyone know if this a genuine charge?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@OldManBrewer wrote:

I have tried the credit card finder but it keeps asking for a 12 digit alphanumeric code but the entry on the credit card reciept doesn't have one ... Does anyone know if this a genuine charge?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@OldManBrewer wrote:

I have tried the credit card finder but it keeps asking for a 12 digit alphanumeric code but the entry on the credit card reciept doesn't have one ... Does anyone know if this a genuine charge?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?