cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for dropbox free teams ends March 31, 2022

Support for dropbox free teams ends March 31, 2022

Sveva
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

ciao, 
oggi ho ricevuto una mail che mi informa che dal 31 marzo non sarà più possibile utilizzare il team di lavoro in modalità free😅
volevo capire se effettivamente dal primo aprile le cartelle e file resteranno invariati, comprese le impostazioni di condivisione o se verranno eliminati agli altri membri del team, ma resterà cmq a me che sono l'amministratore?
non vorrei rischiare di perdere tutto ...
chiedo in modo da poterci preparare per tempo e nel modo giusto al passaggio 😉
grazie a chi mi saprà rispondere e Buona giornata
Sveva
----------
Hello 
today I received an email informing me that from March 31 it will no longer be possible to use the work team in free😅 mode
I wanted to understand if actually from the first of April the folders and files will remain unchanged, including the sharing settings or if they will be deleted to the other members of the team, but will remain cmq to me who am the administrator?
I wouldn't risk losing everything 😓... I ask so that we can prepare in time and in the right way for the passage 
thanks to those who will be able to answer me and Have a nice day
Sveva

31 Replies 31

screitz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yesterday I got notified that my Dropbox account, which I have had and used for years, was being basically downgraded.

I started years ago with a paid Dropbox personal account. Then, after a while, Dropbox offered Teams as an upgrade, which I jumped at. Now I had the ability to keep my work and personal files in separate locations on my computer and still share from either folder. I linked clients into certain folders, and was shared to by other clients folders we collaborate on. I work daily in both my personal and work team folders.

Until this morning.

This morning is when I learned that Dropbox was ending the team folder, and had converted it to a personal account. Now I had a Dropbox Plus account without the team functionality, and an orphaned work folder no longer attached to my Mac's Finder.

When I tried to sort this out with customer service, followed by support, I learned that the only way I was going to be able to continue working the way I had been was to upgrade to a business account. Basically, since I did not want to do business from my personal account I did it from the team folder. Now all my team work folders were unlinked and the only way to manage them would be by logging into that separate account online, since all syncing was cut off from my computer. This forces my hand to upgrade.

However, it turns out other new restrictions were added. First, Dropbox converted my team folder to a personal account, so there is no way to sync it back as a whole. One cannot add a second personal account to a business account, so the only way to get those folders back is to share them individually back to my old account. That is tedious. There are a LOT of files.

Secondly, now there is apparently a sharing transfer daily cap, so I was only able to share 4 folders back to my old account before that daily limit was reached. That means it may be days, perhaps weeks before my files are back in any semblance of order, and in the meantime I am going to have some awkward conversations with clients about why things are messed up and not working smoothly.

What is my trade-off? Nearly twice the price, half again the storage, (when I was only at about 15% of the 2TB I had) and what, the ability to add a logo? Dropbox, You have now cost me days, perhaps weeks of productivity.

This will also be shared to all my social media accounts.

😞

Jochem van Hal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ha All,

My work dropbox was also cancelled. There are numerous remarks on that my files are still 'there', and only the plan was cancelled. But where can i find those files? The dropbox proffessional icon is gone.

My personal dropbox is still there but that doesnt contain all my workfiles. And i dont know for all the files what the original source was where i made them on. I use various machines to create content, but used dropbox to not worry where i wanted to use them.

BR, J

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Jochem van Hal wrote:

There are numerous remarks on that my files are still 'there', and only the plan was cancelled. But where can i find those files?

Sign in to the Dropbox website using the email address and password that you used for your work account.

Jochem1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Ha Rich,
I did Just that several times. On all my devices and the Cloud there seems to be a digital misunderstanding between my (oldest) personal account and my (newer) professional account. Every device and every sign in keeps redirecting me to the same (personal) dropbox. The professional navigator tab that is (automatically) removed is no where to be found. So are my 2GB professional files.
😥

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Jochem1 wrote:
I did Just that several times. ... there seems to be a digital misunderstanding between my (oldest) personal account and my (newer) professional account.

Then try signing in with the email address from the other account. You had two accounts linked. Each account was still associated with a separate email. Have you tried signing in to the Dropbox website (not an app) using both email addresses?

I've seen other people post that when the accounts were split, the paid subscription ended up on the wrong account. Could be what you're seeing as well.

Deborah L.9
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Rich wrote:

I've seen other people post that when the accounts were split, the paid subscription ended up on the wrong account. Could be what you're seeing as well.

That's what happened to me. But Dropbox does not appear to have an answer for this conundrum. This incredible nuisance after more than a decade paying for a Plus/Pro account!

Jochem1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Rich,

I've tried that. One of the problems is that i now have three different 'personalities' on Dropbox.

1. One with my personal email and my personal dropbox (the oldest);

2. One with my business email adres linked to the professional dropbox issued some four years ago;

3. One with another business email that Dropbox kept pushing recently.

I've logged in to all three, on every device and in the cloud. 

One of the problems is that i don't know wich is what anymore. 

Before the termination of free teams by march i had two links to Dropbox in Navigator:

1. One to my personal dropbox. 

2. And a second one called professional (or something). That's now gone. 

Is see that part of my professional DB is now linked to the first. But for example my tab concerning applications only contains one CV instead of my complete record of letters and CV's from the last 21 years of working ;-(. 

Jochem1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

There was some progress in this thread (no solution though). But than it went silent. Ive tried everything ive read on this forum. My professional files are still gone.

The most easy way of explaining is:

- I had two links to dropbox. One personal and one professional. The latter is gone.

- There was a partly integration with my personal dropbox. But not all!

Solution:

- I would have hoped that my professional link was still there, with all the files just that syncronisation stopped. But its gone!

- Logging in to a cloud DB environment to collect all my professional files isnt working because even in the cloud (with all three logging adresses) i find the same files.

Anyone?

Best regards,

Jochem

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Jochem1, just for clarification, when you logged into each of your 3 accounts, did you check the events page, or the deleted files page?

The best way to avoid confusion is to log into the accounts in incognito/private browsing mode, one at a time. Closing that browser would automatically log out of it, so you can then open another private window and log into the second account. This way you can be certain you've checked each account.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

annesahm90
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I used to be able to switch between separate dropbox accounts OFFLINE, then one account got removed and I just couldn't find a way to add it again. Is this only available to a certain account type? If yes, then what is it? 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Isaashkini Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    annesahm90 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Jochem1 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?