cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team folder exists as Subfolder and parallel as a separate folder after the update

Team folder exists as Subfolder and parallel as a separate folder after the update

alphamzagil
Explorer | Level 3

Hi everybody,

The new update turned out to be a complete desaster for my company Dropbox. Final situation is following: 

My company Dropbox has the name Rabek Tekstil. And for the team, there used to be a subfolder named Team Rabek in Dropbox Rabek Tekstil. 

After the update, I now have a main Rabek Tekstil Dropbox folder and Rabek Tekstil and Team Rabek as 2 separate folders in the main folder. I also have parallel under Rabek Tekstil another Team Rabek subfolder. 

The folder Rabek Tekstil Dropbox/Team Rabek and it's subfolders don't have the green checkmarks on it (see the folders on the right in the picture). They can not be deleted nor moved from their current location. I can't delete this folder and it's subfolders through dropbox.com either.

The folder Rabek Tekstil Dropbox/Rabek Tekstil/Team Rabek do have the green checkmarks on them and can be moved/deleted/modified without a problem (see the folders on the left in the picture). They can be modified via dropbox.com too. 

What is the problem here and how can it be solved? 

Thank you for your help. 

Greetings,

Alp 

Dropbox 12.6.2022.PNG

3 Replies 3

Re: Team folder exists as Subfolder and parallel as a separate folder after the update

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @alphamzagil, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

Based on your screenshots, the files and folders in your Rabek Tekstil Dropbox/Team Rabek folder seem to be online only and not syncing locally to your computer.

You should be able to right click on those and make them locally available to your computer through the Smart Sync 'Local' option. 

For more information on the syncing icons, you can have a look here.

In regards to the update of your account, you can find more information here.

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Re: Team folder exists as Subfolder and parallel as a separate folder after the update

alphamzagil
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your reply. 

I made the files local now. It's downloading about 26.000 files, might take a couple of hours. I'll see after that if modifications can be made or not, and will get back to you. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Feel free to take your time @alphamzagil 

And remember, you can speed things up a tad by adjusting your bandwidth settings through the app's preferences

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    alphamzagil Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?