cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View all folder and subfolder hierarchy within company dropbox

View all folder and subfolder hierarchy within company dropbox

SSBDolphinUser
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a way to print out the whole hierachy of our company dropbox, including all subfolders and possibly to the document level?  Our company is doing a major overhaul of our dropbox structure and I need to find out who is using which folders, when the last time they have been used, and to be able to download a list all of the folders and subfolderswithin their hiearchy to an excel spreadsheet.  I am hoping that there is a quick way, rather than going into each folder manually as that will take forever to do.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, currently there isn’t a way to print out the file structure of a Dropbox account, either for Personal or Business accounts.

I can forward this idea to our dev team to see if this is something that can be implemented in future improvements to our services!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, currently there isn’t a way to print out the file structure of a Dropbox account, either for Personal or Business accounts.

I can forward this idea to our dev team to see if this is something that can be implemented in future improvements to our services!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

gw_ufdc
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Has there been any progress on this problem? https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-teams-admins/View-all-folder-and-subfolder-hierarchy-within-... and a similar post I found note that feedback was passed up but I do not see any signs in the UI.

I would be happy to do this myself in PowerShell, but it seems that Dropbox have chosen to use a machine-unfriendly folder name in the local paths for enterprise accounts, "Dropbox (NNN)" where NNN is a tag for my employer org. Spaces and parentheses should never be used in paths for production content.

Regards,
G.W.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @gw_ufdc, I hope you're having a good week so far!

We don't have any info to share on this at the moment, but I can suggest in the meantime sharing this in our dedicated area of the Community here.

Sharing the idea there will allow others to upvote the idea to show their support, and give our team a better idea on the feedback for this feature request.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gw_ufdc
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi@Daphne ,

Please forgive the second thread but the original one locked me out of replying for some reason and got marked Solved when the issue I asked about has not been addressed in the 18 months since the previous request about it from a different customer.

Can you tell us anything about what happened after @Jay said "I can forward this idea to our dev team to see if this is something that can be implemented in future improvements to our services!"

Thanks.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @gw_ufdc, currently there hasn't been any changes made to this request.

I'd recommend following the steps provided by @Daphne to suggest this idea for other users to vote on.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

gw_ufdc
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Jay,

Before I take the time to post as @Daphne suggested, I was hoping to get a direct answer. I believe that you probably have organizational constraints on what you can type in public, but the kind of answer I am looking for is along the lines of "I took this to development decision makers and they said it can't/won't happen any time in the near future" or "I handed off the question from @SSBDolphinUser to my chain of command and have heard nothing back."

Or maybe, "The dev team did not see it as a priority but said come back if X number of customers ask about it."

Regards, G.W.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to us here @gw_ufdc!

As Jay mentioned, we don't have any updates to share on this suggestion.

I'd recommend posting this in our "Share an idea" section as we can effectively track the feedback and support that your ideas gain over there. It's very useful since we'll have all that info gathered in one place.

We do regularly review this section, and we update the status too with the feedback from our dev team.

I hope that clarifies the matter!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    gw_ufdc Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?