cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawing from a business account/group

Withdrawing from a business account/group

markatMBAC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello.

I have a personal DropBox account, which I have had for a long time.

A while ago a client somehow added me to their company account or group.

I have asked for them to expel me, but they are not so good with admin.

How do I exit that group?

I cannot create a new personal account, because my email is already associated with the company account.

Hopefully somebody can assist!

kr

mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@markatMBAC wrote:

A while ago a client somehow added me to their company account or group. ... How do I exit that group?

You need the team admin to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as that would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@markatMBAC wrote:

A while ago a client somehow added me to their company account or group. ... How do I exit that group?

You need the team admin to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as that would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?