cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn more about Dropbox Replay? We’ve just launched a brand new group, find out how to join here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no access to email to change password

no access to email to change password

mossab1000
New member | Level 2

Good afternoon,

I have recently tried accessing my dropbox which for some reason has its password expired.

I can no longer log in to it, and I completely lost access to my email, as it's an old one. I had important pictures and documents on this account, but it seems like it's all lost now.

Is there any way to help?

I'm using this second account just so I'm able to message here.

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@mossab1000 wrote:

I can no longer log in to it, and I completely lost access to my email, as it's an old one. ... Is there any way to help?

Without access to the email there's no way to receive the reset information to gain access to the account. The only other way to sign in would be if you already have an active device linked to your account. Your best option will be to contact your email provider and see if they can reactivate the email address, even if it's just temporary, so you can receive the reset information.

mossab1000
New member | Level 2

I have tried contacting them with no help at all.

So there is no option but to lose all my files?

Rich
Super User II

@mossab1000 wrote:

So there is no option but to lose all my files?

Unfortunately, your email address is the only way to verify your account. Without it, Dropbox will not grant access to the account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    mossab1000 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?