cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to send text message for two-step verification" error when trying to sign in

"Failed to send text message for two-step verification" error when trying to sign in

jonmchee
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.

Ticket #20977317: DB: cannot access my account

44 Replies 44

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Eman maksoud! Sorry to hear you’re having the same issue. 

I was able to locate your ticket in our system, and I’ve left an internal note to our team. They should get back to you as soon as possible and check this further.

If you need something else, feel free to ping me.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

YALCHIN
New member | Level 2

Nancy,

I have been locked out of my primary account since SUNDAY, FOUR DAYS with no access to ESSENTIAL files. 

TICKET NUMBER 22002265. 

I Do not get updates, I CAN NOT get a manager escalation, I can not phone in. We used DROPBOX for years WITHOUT issue, Now I have to consider moving ALL of my clients to another platform that has reliable support.

Can you ESCALATE my issue ASAP to access my account. 

The exact error is

Two-step verification text message couldn’t be sent. <a href=“/help/364”>Help</a>

My log in account is in the case ID.

I am DESPERATE and NOTHING I have done in 5 days to get support to resolve has worked. It has gone to "it has been escalated" 5 days ago to me being GHOSTED with ZERO updates and ZERO resolve.

YALCHIN
New member | Level 2

Walter.

I have been locked out of my primary account since SUNDAY, FOUR DAYS with no access to ESSENTIAL files. 

TICKET NUMBER 22002265. 

I Do not get updates, I CAN NOT get a manager escalation, I can not phone in. We used DROPBOX for years WITHOUT issue, Now I have to consider moving ALL of my clients to another platform that has reliable support.

Can you ESCALATE my issue ASAP to access my account. 

The exact error is

Two-step verification text message couldn’t be sent. <a href=“/help/364”>Help</a>

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @YALCHIN, thanks for reaching out and for giving us your ticket number.

After looking into it, I can see that you have received a reply from our team, so make sure you check out the info they provided there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tianhow
New member | Level 2

Dear Hannah,
I am also facing this issue when I try to log into my account on the web browser.

In fact, most of the dropbox accounts that I am administrating  ( I am the IT administrator for my company's dropbox accounts) faced the same problem when I tried to login using the web browser. It is an intermittent problem which states : 

My ticket number is Ticket #23092488: DB: 2 Step verification 

Please assist, thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tianhow New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    YALCHIN New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?