cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "www.dropbox.com refused to connect."

"www.dropbox.com refused to connect."

Fishy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

A classical case of Dropbox website working on every device in network, except a single PC. But, sadly, even with all the support on other similar topics, I couldn't connect to the website.
I have tried using different browsers, turning proxy, antivirus and vpn on and off, using different DNS servers and removing the "hosts" file. So now, when I have tried every other option, I'm trying to reach for support of the community.
My best guess is that the issue persists due to some setting or error in router, but for some reason it works perfectly on any other device.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fishy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for the response, Nancy! Sorry I wasn't able to respond to your messege in time, but here is an explanation.
I resolved the issue about two-three days ago. After countless phone calls and one trip to the office, I was informed by my Internet Provider that they "block some of the unconventional websites"(?). After switching to different company, suddenly, I was able to connect to www.dropbox.com!
I have never encountered this problem with any other website, and the conversations about the issue were a bit strange. But the lesson is simple: don't forget to check the Internet Provider to get information about their policy, or maybe an error on their side.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting here, @Fishy, and I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re having. 

As trivial as it may sound, have you also tried to open an incognito window from your main browser? Are you able to sign in to the Dropbox website this way perhaps? 

Also, is there any chance you’ve opened a ticket with our support team? If yes, feel free to send over your ticket number. 

Keep me updated!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Fishy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for the response, Nancy! Sorry I wasn't able to respond to your messege in time, but here is an explanation.
I resolved the issue about two-three days ago. After countless phone calls and one trip to the office, I was informed by my Internet Provider that they "block some of the unconventional websites"(?). After switching to different company, suddenly, I was able to connect to www.dropbox.com!
I have never encountered this problem with any other website, and the conversations about the issue were a bit strange. But the lesson is simple: don't forget to check the Internet Provider to get information about their policy, or maybe an error on their side.

Need more support?