cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account hacked and email changed

Account hacked and email changed

Joe_wit
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

My Dropbox account has been hacked and my email address changed so that I am now unable to access my files (but the hacker is). What can I do about this please? This is my personal information.

Thanks for your help.

10 Replies 10

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Joe_wit, thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry to see that you're having this issue.

Do you still have access to the email address previously connected to your account?

Can I reach out to you on the address you have here on the Community, so we can look into this more closely?

Let me know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Joe_wit
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Hannah,
Yes I do. And yes please, that would be great.
Thanks,
Joe

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
No worries, Joe, I just reached out to you, so make sure to check your emails.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Keithusnma
New member | Level 2

I have been a member of Dropbox since the original days of free membership. I have posted a request of changing the email that I have owned to the support center with no response. My account was hacked and the email I had for it changed. Please contact me at [removed] for any contact or email change re directs from the original account email: [removed] to the hackers email: [removed]. Again do not contact me at the original email for it has been compromised, contact me via the Gmail above. Thabk you.

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Rich
Super User II

@Keithusnma wrote:

Please contact me at [removed] for any contact or email change

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

M14NOJ
New member | Level 2

Yes, of course!

M14NOJ
New member | Level 2

Hello!  Can someone help me to regain control of my hacked Drop Box account please?

Rich
Super User II

@M14NOJ wrote:

Hello!  Can someone help me to regain control of my hacked Drop Box account please?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Chris The Photo Taker
New member | Level 2

My account has been hacked and both my email and password have been changed. I can't change anything or even delete my account.

I also can't contact technical support because I have a Basic account.

Can anyone help to tell me how to get support?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Chris The Photo Taker New member | Level 2
    M14NOJ New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?