cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to login as my password was reset and I no longer have access to the email address.

Can I reset my password without access to the email as I forgot it?

Andrew1983
New member | Level 2

i have forgotten my password and no longer have access to my email, how can i reset my password and change my email?

95 Replies 95

katrinaskaar
Helpful | Level 5

Ticket #12044604

Simba47
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Fulgultez,
I am curious to know if Dropbox helped you access your account and how? I am having the same problem as you did and was wondering how your got solved. So far Dropbox support has not been helpful at all with helping me even though I have receipts and proof that I paid for the account!

lehamy2610
New member | Level 2

Hello Dropbox team,

I'm having the same situation and has submitted my issue in ticket #12059229

Please take a look. Thanks a ton!

Simba47
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Lehamy,
Good luck with accessing your account! So far dropbox has been unhelpful but
hopefully they will rethink their security measures since more and more people are facing this issue! Please keep me posted if they help you access your account!

MT-Tester
Helpful | Level 6
I can't log in to other devices (or into the browser) since my password has expired and I don't have access to my email (that's linked to Dropbox) because it's blocked (it's impossible recovery it).

I'm logged in to the Dropbox app on a mobile device.

I have a security code (i hope it serves to confirm anything) and I would like to know if it is possible to send me a password reset link to another email I have.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey everyone, thanks for nudging us here. 

If you don't have access to your email address, you can update both your password and email on a device you’re already signed into. You'll find more about this, here

If you've already tried that, have a look at Walter's first post for some additional information. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MT-Tester
Helpful | Level 6
Hi @Simba47,
I'm already testing another similar platform. And it will take thousands of years for them to rethink their own security measures (if they want I can suggest some new security measures. Is there any feature suggestions thread?).

In the Support part I already knew that they were not useful (they seems bots).

@Lusil
It's not working (as expected), I don't get any notifications. Sorry, but can any real Dropbox employee help me?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@MT-Tester wrote:
In the Support part I already knew that they were not useful (they seems bots).

Hi @MT-Tester,

😁😆They don't seem bots! That's a bot. 😉

@MT-Tester wrote:
I'm logged in to the Dropbox app on a mobile device.

That's your chance to regain access to the account. 😉 Use "Connect a computer" feature in settings part of your mobile application. To work, you must have verified your account already! Follow the on screen instructions and you would be able regain access to the account. Once logged in, change your email address (here, click "Edit" next to the current email) to actual one. Now you should be able reset your password. 🙂

Hope this helps.

PS: "Computer" don't have to be a real computer! You can use any device working with supported web browser - including mobile. ✌ For better security, on device which is not your property, use private browsing mode or incognito.

MT-Tester
Helpful | Level 6
@Здравко
I don't have a computer :[

msfowler
New member | Level 2

I don't have access to the email associated with a different account, but I also don't know the password. Is there a way for me to get access in order to update my email?

Need more support?