cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Password expired and inaccessible email address.

Can I reset my password without access to the email as I forgot it?

Andrew1983
New member | Level 2

i have forgotten my password and no longer have access to my email, how can i reset my password and change my email?

95 Replies 95

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @msfowler, thanks for reaching out. 

I moved your post here, where others have expressed a similar issue. 

If you have a linked device, you can try updating the password and email from there, as mentioned in this article

However, if you're still having trouble, you can check out Walter's post for some additional info. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MT-Tester
Helpful | Level 6
Thx @Здравк
I was able to access my account settings via mobile browser fallowing Здравко's solution.

@katrinaskaar, @Simba47, @lehamy2610, @msfowler

Simba47
Helpful | Level 6

Unfortunately this did not work for me. I am so frustrated with Dropbox, I am definitely not continuing as their customer. They have no compassion and understanding for people, terrible customer service - I'm still waiting for a response from their support team. And on top of that, I had automatic billing set up - so now I will have to cancel my credit card just so I don't get charged again. 

Simba47
Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox explicitly states that in the PRO Business account their customers get 180-day accident, theft, and disaster recovery. Where is this in pratice? I paid and did not get this benefit...this is not fair. 

katrinaskaar
Helpful | Level 5

Right, thank you! Appreciated it. I never used mobile browser, so it won't work for me either. I'm still locked out and the ticket number is useless. 

katrinaskaar
Helpful | Level 5

Sooo What you're saying is that we're hopeless. Okay, thanks. Dropbox sucks. 

MT-Tester
Helpful | Level 6
@katrinaskaar, @msfowler
You're logged into the Dropbox app on a computer or mobile device at least?

MT-Tester
Helpful | Level 6
@Moderator, @dropbox
I have another problem: The Settings page UI buttons (blue color buttons) are not accepting commands. Is that normal?

This is preventing me from changing the password!

katrinaskaar
Helpful | Level 5

Hi. No, that's the problem. I'm not logged in, because they logged me out. They said they expired my password, and I can't create a new one because I don't have access to that old email. I don't even think sbcglobal exists anymore. Thanks for trying to help! I appreciate you trying. Dropbox just isn't helpful. 

Need more support?