cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reset my password without access to the email as I forgot it?

Can I reset my password without access to the email as I forgot it?

Andrew1983
New member | Level 2

i have forgotten my password and no longer have access to my email, how can i reset my password and change my email?

95 Replies 95

Walter
Dropbox Staff

In that case, I'd suggest trying an incognito window without signing into any account @Fulguletz.

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page.

You'll need to input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you to sort this out. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Fulguletz
Explorer | Level 4

Just to be sure we are on the same page.

Is this the page where I am supposed to put the compaint?
Because here it asks for the email that I stated in this post that I do not have access to anymore, because that is what I was trying to do. Change the email address that I have no longer access to while logged in, but it logged me out, and invalidated my working password. Is there no human I can actually talk to in order to solve this issue? Because it seems that Dropbox really hates the customers, and is never willing to help. There is a circle I am going around into, because no one is reading the problems users have.

image_2021-01-06_125537.png

Fulguletz
Explorer | Level 4

And you have just billed me on an account that I can't access. This is already starting to be bad, because I am paying for a service that I can't use.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this @Fulguletz.

May I reach out via the email address that's connected to your Community's profile to look further into this?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

evallance
New member | Level 2

Hello, i have another email account with old work files i need to access but as this is an old email i can not rememeber my password and cant access change password as i can not access the old email account to verify the code. 

How do i get past this issue? Thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @evallance, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I moved your post here, where other users have had a similar issue. 

Have a look at what is mentioned and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jaketries
New member | Level 2

Hey everyone!

i'm in deep s****

i've been trying to login through my old email adress (which is now been closed with no chance of getting back) and i've forgotten my password, does that just mean that my dropbox is forever gone?

i've been trying to get through the support page, but it's really confusing

thanks in advance

Jake

Rich
Super User II

@Jaketries wrote:

i've been trying to login through my old email adress (which is now been closed with no chance of getting back) and i've forgotten my password, does that just mean that my dropbox is forever gone?

If you still have an active device linked to your account, there's a chance you can still sign in and update your email and password. Otherwise you'll need access to the email address you used for your Dropbox account.

dmt747400
New member | Level 2

I do not have access to my old email server, you say my password is expired, yet I have no way to update it to log in. I need to speak to a real person. Chat Bot is completely worthless on this issue. Is there anyway to actually talk to a live person?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi there @dmt747400, thanks for reaching out. 

I moved your post to this thread, where other users have had a similar issue with this. 

Whenever you have a moment, check out what is suggested here, and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Alek1623 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?