cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't access my files after signing in to Dropbox on my new phone

Can't access my files after signing in to Dropbox on my new phone

mmspix
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I lost my iPhone and when I logged into Dropbox on my new phone, all my old data/pics/files are gone. Any way to recover them, I hope?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@mmspix  wrote:
I lost my iPhone and when I logged into Dropbox on my new phone, all my old data/pics/files are gone. Any way to recover them, I hope?

You've likely created/signed in to a new, empty account, instead of signing in to your existing account. Make sure you're using the same email address to sign in to Dropbox that you used on your old phone.

If you're certain that you have the email address correct, sign in on the Dropbox website and see if your files are listed there. Also check your Events page. If the Events page is empty, then you're not signed in to the same account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@mmspix  wrote:

You've likely created/signed in to a new, empty account, instead of signing in to your existing account. Make sure you're using the same email address to sign in to Dropbox that you used on your old phone.

If you're certain that you have the email address correct, sign in on the Dropbox website and see if your files are listed there. Also check your Events page. If the Events page is empty, then you're not signed in to the same account.

Need more support?