cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access the codes for the two-step verification

Can't access the codes for the two-step verification

Lilith13
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi all. I can't access my (paid) Dropbox account. I have not forgotten my password but I had the two-step verification set up and I no longer have access neither to my phone nor to my phone number or to my backup number - long story short, changed jobs and countries. I also don't have the emergency codes (I don't even remember receiving these). Dropbox is giving me no viable solution. Any ideas? I'm desperate as I have all my pictures from so many years, which I don't have saved anywhere else. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @Lilith13

Since you've done some initial troubleshooting - awesome work by the way - and you've got a ticket with our Support team, I'd recommend continuing with them. 

They'll be able to better assist you on the matter as they have internal tools to help better investigate this for you. 

I found the ticket you mentioned and can see that it's with a specialized member of the team. I've made sure to pass your comments along to them, so as soon as they have more info on the matter, they'll get back to you via email. 

If you have any other concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to get back to me and I'll do my best to help. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Lilith13, thanks for reaching out to us about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your two-step verification. 

If you haven't already, as a first step I'd recommend checking out this article which provides some general ideas on how to tackle this. 

Since you mention though that you're in touch with a member of our Support team, could you please give me the ticket ID, so that I can have a look into this for you? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Lilith13
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

Thank you for the swift reply. Ticket number is 10112776. Please help me out here. All I'm getting from the support team is a copy/paste of the online solutions, neither of which work because I have no access to the alternatives proposed. And the article you linked is the first one I went through.

Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @Lilith13

Since you've done some initial troubleshooting - awesome work by the way - and you've got a ticket with our Support team, I'd recommend continuing with them. 

They'll be able to better assist you on the matter as they have internal tools to help better investigate this for you. 

I found the ticket you mentioned and can see that it's with a specialized member of the team. I've made sure to pass your comments along to them, so as soon as they have more info on the matter, they'll get back to you via email. 

If you have any other concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to get back to me and I'll do my best to help. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Lilith13
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Lusil. I'll follow up with them for now. Cheers

Shawni07
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello,

I have the exact same issue as in the thread. I cannot even figure out how to get help from support to get a support ticket number. All of the connected devices to my account have not been used in over a year (except for one) which is my recent computer that completely broke a week ago.

I do not recall the emergency backup code or where I would access to it and I do not have the phone number associated with the account any longer. I do not have a backup phone number as I only have one phone.

Please please help me get into my account. Thank you!

Lillith
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Shawni07,

I'm afraid I don't have good news. The Dropbox reps were utterly unwilling to support me. I had to ask a former colleague from the country I had left to reactivate my old SIM card (which they could only do because it was a corporate SIM card) so they could access the code and then share it with me so I could use it to access my Dropbox account. I offered everything possible to Dropbox, including passport copies, descriptions of what I had uploaded with them, how I had everything organized and set up, anything that could proof my identity, but they never even engaged in exploring any alternative option. I'm extremely disappointed.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lillith New member | Level 2
    Shawni07 New member | Level 2
    Lilith13 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?