cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't login

Can't login to my account and cannot reset the password; I get an error, but it goes away quickly

dperonteau
Explorer | Level 4

i have been trying to login to my account.  Can't login.  Can't get a call from Dropbox unless i login first and request a call.  Vicious Circle and looping

Can't reset password.  gets an error.  But flashes so fast can't read the error.

Login error is:  Json@ position 0

How do i get a dropbox human to talk to?

This is enough to make me close my accont and move my files somewhere else.

Dale

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

25 Replies 25

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DK57, welcome to our Community!

I understand your concern over your files on your account.

In general, if you don't have access to the email address associated with the Dropbox account, then it won't be possible to reset the password for the account.

Do you have the desktop app installed on your machine by any chance, and signed into that account?

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DK57
Explorer | Level 3

Every time I try to sign on it says it will send a reference to my Email (FSMAIL.net) and I can never read it to respond 🙂

Thanks Megan

Ive replaced my Ipad but I may be able to try and access my old one which has the App on it. Dave

New_member
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I wanted to login into 3 of my accounts. Sadly, I couldn't. Dropbox send me security codes, but the problem is that these emails are very old and were deleted. I made other emails with the same name and pick "send new code", but I didn't receive anything. What can I do? 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @New_member, let's jump right into this! 

When was the last time you accessed your Dropbox account? Have you tried the steps mentioned in this Help Center article?

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

New_member
Explorer | Level 3
Hello, @Megan. My last time accessed my other Dropbox accounts was I think 3-4 weeks ago. The account, that I'm writing from right now is my main account. This is the only account that I didn't have a problem with. The problem is with the 3 other accounts. I made a mistake while I was writing my passwords, so Dropbox sent me codes for them. Codes that I haven't received, because my email accounts are old, and also deleted. After this situation, I made new emails with the same names, but again, I haven't received anything. Now, I'm going to check this article and I will let you know if the problem still exist. Thank you for the respond. 🙂

New_member
Explorer | Level 3
Hello, @Megan. I checked the article, but I didn't see anything I haven't done or read. I guess, I can't use them anymore, although I have these Dropbox accounts for years. I have used the same device since 2019, even though I had these accounts before buying this device. Recently, I deleted the Dropbox app for 3-4 weeks I think, and today I downloaded it. It's easy to proof that these accounts are mine, because I have mostly my pictures in all of them.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @New_member, would it be okay for me to reach out via email, in order for us to have a closer look into this together? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

New_member
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you for the respond, @Megan. Yes, it'll be okay. Should I write my email here?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @New_member, I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it as soon as possible!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Yusufi123
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all

I am unable to receive any kind of email from the dropbox, like reset password email or verification email, I have already checked in junk folder and have added no-reply@dropbox.com to my address book. Please suggest, I have lost total access to my account.

Need more support?