cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access email address of my work account, so cannot receive 6 digit code to login

Cannot access email address of my work account, so cannot receive 6 digit code to login

JDREN4
New member | Level 2

I have two accounts the one I am logged into right now and my business account. I cannot log into my business account because the email has been changed and the email associated with that account in not longer active. When I try to login I have the right username and password but it prompts me to enter the 6 digit code to login and the 6 digit code is being sent to my email that is no longer active. So I cannot login and it is extremely aggravating because I am being charged 11.99 a month and cannot access that account.

6 Replies 6

Re: Cannot access email address of my work account, so cannot receive 6 digit code to login

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @JDREN4, thanks for reaching out. 

Without access to the email address, things are a bit difficult, but can I send you an email to the address you have here on the Community, so we can look into it?

Thanks.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Re: Cannot access email address of my work account, so cannot receive 6 digit code to login

HollyDM83
Explorer | Level 4
Just here in support! I am having the exact same problem. I really hope they can resolve it seems crazy to not be able access an account you're still being charged for. Will let you know how I go.

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @HollyDM83, thanks for posting here! 

If you wish, feel free to let me know your ticket number so I can locate it on our system. 

Don't hesitate to let us know of any updates.

Thanks! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

JDREN4
New member | Level 2

Thanks, I will be looking for your email. I am paying the 11.99 a month if we could just close that account I will open a new business account with my new email.

susan-mathews-pavlas
New member | Level 2

I am having the EXACT same problem - my secondary email I have access to - but I can't change my primary which is my former employer - I am now retired and that email account is inactive

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @JDREN4, happy Wednesday! 

I just sent you an email, in order for us to locate and cancel the charge of the Dropbox account you no longer have access to. 

Also, @susan-mathews-pavlas, do you also have a paying subscription linked to the account you can't access?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    susan-mathews-pavlas New member | Level 2
    JDREN4 New member | Level 2
    HollyDM83 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?